♗ | can of worms

Angelo listened quietly to the whisper-shouting conversation Chris was having with a very irritated looking Mike. Ryan was sleeping like a rock, but regardless, Chris tried to keep quiet.

"He's not good for you!" Chris hissed, holding Mike's shoulders. The familiar glared with red eyes. "You mean he's not good enough for you? I like him. Do I give a flying fuck what you think? No! Last I checked," Mike sassed, "I wasn't the one who sashayed around like a little bitch tryin' to hook up with the goth kid from that dumb class you teach."

"Excuse me? Why have you been so out of line lately?" Chris muttered.

Ricky intervened, sounding completely calm. He was holding Ryan's hand against his chest, Angelo noted. "He's jealous that you're spending more time with Angelo than you are with him. We can see it."

Angelo noted the way Ricky said 'we.'

"Is that true?" Chris scowled, "Are you really jealous..?" He asked. Mike shoved him away, saying, "No. I'm pissed at you, though. You can have a boyfriend, but what, I can't? How's that fair? Ricky has a boyfriend, so why can't I?"

"You're acting like a child." Chris snit.

"He plans to slap you in exactly thirteen seconds," Ricky spoke.

"Get out of my fucking head, you pussy bitch," Mike hissed, stepping in Ricky's direction. Chris grabbed him and pulled him back. As expected- and right on time,- Mike did slap him, which resulted in Chris shoving Mike against the wall.

"Stop it. You cannot get mad at them for trying to help you." Chris growled, "Go home, Mike. And I don't mean back to the house. If being with that werewolf scum is really your home, then go. If he's what you want, I wont stop you."

"Mike feels most comfortable around other creatures that have dog or wolf forms," Ricky said in a monotone voice that sounded almost layered. Like a computer. "Because he knows that they always accept him. Always." He said.

Mike shot him a glare before turning on his heel and leaving the house, slamming the door.

Angelo stood up, a sudden jolt of dizziness and an uncomfortable, lucid feeling sweeping over him, making him fall to his knees beside Chris.

Ricky closed his eyes. "I'm sorry. I had to- Mike would never have-.. he'd never admit.." He trailed off, sounding out of breath. "I'm sorry," He repeated, falling asleep right then and there.

Angelo covered his eyes, one of which had started to glow a hazy green- like Ryan's. "It hurts.." He said quietly, looking up at Chris. "What's wrong with me..? What's.. What's going on?" He half-whispered.

Picking Angelo up off of the ground, Chris sighed. "My little Ricky seems to have opened up a brand new can of worms." He answered, walking down the hallway to Angelo's room and laying him down in bed. "I wish I could tell you it would get easier.." He said. "Try and rest. Don't move if you can help it, dear," He added as he tucked a strand of hair behind Angelo's ear.

He glanced out the window as Angelo fell asleep, eyes narrowed. He could have sworn he had caught a glimpse of white out in the woods. Double checking the latch on the window, Chris closed the curtains and made sure to ward the room before walking back out to check on Ricky.

He was curled up against Ryan, their chests close together and their hands laced together between them, foreheads resting against each other. Ryan must have woken up for a moment after Ricky had fallen asleep.

Sighing, Chris pinched the bridge of his nose. Talking to no one but himself, he said, "You're a powerful creature of darkness, and here you are, playing the babysitter."

He shook his head and made his way to the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee for himself. With his free hand, he flicked his wrist and the blanket off of the floor moved itself to cover the two sleeping familiars lightly.

Snapping his fingers, the lights turned themselves out. Chris walked to Angelo's room, then, sitting at the edge of his bed and just watching him sleep. "How adorable," Chris sighed as he took notice of the way Angelo's mouth hung open a bit. Chris hardly even cared that Ange drooled- just a little. In fact, he found it quite adorable.

He'd never say it out loud, but Chris found himself infatuated with Angelo. Not even for the powers he withheld, or any abilities. Not for the way he looked, even. There was something that Chris couldn't place. Something he'd never felt before.

A warm feeling, of sorts. He wasn't sure if the feeling was good or bad, but oddly enough;

He didn't care.