:Chapter 24:

:Dalton:

Isabella had her iPhone connected to my iMac putting the pictures on it for us to look at more clearly. She was picking specific pictures though. Nico had a notepad out with a gel pen in his hand as he grinned. I know Nico was going to college for some sort of law enforcement or to be a Private Investigator. 'He will make an awesome private investigator.'

Isabella grinned. "Ok well all the photos I have taken are now on your expensive laptop." Isabella said as if she was an angel. 'More like a devil.' Agreed. Nico was quick to grab my laptop and look at the photos. "Woah. Yeah defiantly a werewolf kill. I don't think we have any lions around here." Nico said as he jotted something down in his notepad. "Yeah we got that down. I believe it is Red Claws or a very pissed off rogue." Isabella stated. "Well there hasn't been much rogue activity so will go with Red Claws." Nico said jotting it down.

Isabella nodded in agreement with Nico. "I believe we should track down the pack members you guys found and integrate them." Isabella said crossing her arms across her chest. "No." Nico said as he drummed his fingers. "Why?" Isabella asked raising an eyebrow at my younger brother. "They are probably expecting that. Maybe try to ambush us." Nico told Isabella giving her a stern look.

"But I am a hunter. Would they really be prepared to go to war with hunters by killing me?" Isabella asked with a slight smirk on her face. "Isabella this is Red Claws. They were a very feared pack at once. Then the rogue attack happened and they became a joke. They didn't have a good Alpha to lead them. Now they found their ex Alpha's son. Do you think killing you and sparking a war will stop them from trying to get Derik?" Nico asked trying to show her the logic of the current situation.

"Ok. How is Derik anyway?" Isabella asked turning towards me. "He's good. Been working out a lot though." I told her thinking of Derik. We had a gym in the pack house. The pack house was this huge house with lots of rooms and extra rooms. There was a gym for working out and a training room to train warriors. We had a nice amount of werewolves in our pack. Rarely would a rogue try to go threw our land, or a pack try to attack us.

Although there was one neighboring pack we had never gotten along with but we had a truce right now. A bad truce is better then good war. 'Agreed there.' "Oh ok." Isabella said before going back to Nico. "So what shall we do then?" Isabella asked raising an eyebrow. "Wait for the next attack. Dalton we should ask Dad about sending some scouts out. Try to catch the killer in action. Make sure there is a warrior with them though. Last thing we need is a dead scout." Nico said cracking his knuckles.

"Noted." I replied crossing my arms across my chest. 'I'd personally like to deal with these Red Claws wolves. Show them what happens when they mess with Black Crescent Moon.' I ignored Ash, he got aggressive sometimes and it is best to let him deal with it internally then try to reason with him. He argues like crazy if you try to disagree and it wastes time truthfully.

'You are just mad that I always win the arguments.' 'No winning this one.' Ash grumbled at that. "Ok so it's a plan?" Isabella asked her gaze flickering between Nico and I. "Yes. As long as our Dad oks it." Nico said putting away his notepad. Isabella nodded as she zipped up her denim jacket which was decorated with pins and patches. I never understood how her denim jacket stayed in good condition when she fought in it sometimes.

Isabella had taken out her iPhone which had a Harley Quinn case on it. "Well if you are ever up for a stake out I am available for the next week. Hunter cases tend to close around Christmas for family time." Isabella said explaining hunter life too in the process. "Noted." Nico said with a smile. "Will you be over for Christmas?" Nico asked Isabella his eyebrows raised. "Yeah. Might be a little later though depending on if Ryne wants to celebrate it at my place or your guys place." Isabella said smiling.

Both Nico and I nodded. 'We need to get Isabella a present!' That was so true. I haven't gone present shopping for anyone. Mom sometimes gives us money sometimes to buy some Christmas presents. This would be Isaac's first Christmas. Mom had bought some Christmas clothes for him and they looked cute on him. Isaac seemed to like Isabella, he even said her name. But then he is saying lots of names. Isaac had begun growing hair on his head so we could look forward to the color of his wolf and status in the pack.

The Alpha and Luna family is very common to have lots of kids. Most other wolves keep very low amounts of kids. It's a pack status thing to prevent over population. Despite many books having tons of werewolves can end up really bad. Possible exposure of the species can happen because of how many wolf sighting and just in general how many people there are. Bad stuff happens, that's the point of that story.

Hunters usually step in after that due to protocol given by the werewolf council. The pack is usually split up into different packs and relocated. There has been a few cases of violence when a pack resists. I wonder if Isabella ever had to do something like that. 'Ask her.'

"Isabella have you ever had to split up a pack because of over-population?" I asked not thinking at all. I widened my eyes in shock at what I said. Isabella simply bit her lip and looked at me. "Nope. That isn't a job I'd be offered. I am an executer. I usually kill and transport. Nothing like that. I also sometimes get jobs to protect once in awhile." Isabella said casually before putting her hands in her pocket.

Oh. Completely forgot. 'I didn't. I think it's hot sometimes.' I blocked out a snickering Ash after that.  Right then Isabella's phone did a little ring. She picked it up and looked at it before nodding. "Speaking of a job. Derik I need to go to Lucas's place there is a job waiting for us." Isabella said reading the text message.

"Well it was nice having help on this. I will see you guys tomorrow for the last day of school for Christmas Break." Isabella said with a smile. She got up and hugged Nico. She then turned around towards me and her face turned into a conflict of emotions and I felt a frown forming on my face as disappointment set in. But then she completely shocked me.

Her arms wrapped around me and she offered me a smile. "Bye Dalton." Isabella said staring into my eyes, mischief in her smile and eyes. Nico stared at the scene with a blank face. I tried my best to keep my cool. "Bye Nico." Isabella said waving at my little brother before exiting our small library.

"You are turning red." Nico said as a smirk crept onto his face his lips tinging upwards. "Go find Angel and focus on her blushing." I snapped glaring at him. Nico snickered before stalking off. I did not blush. 'You did.'

1270. Who liked the ending of that chapter. Do you guys like the banner? My first ever Photoshop banner. I believe I did an alright job. Not perfect cutting but you know alright cutting. But that is who I would imagine could play Dalton. But ugh he is so hard to find someone that fits his description. But I think it is alright until this becomes a movie or series. Which will happen! It is one of my goals for this series next to publishing it and becoming a huge hit. Bigger than Harry Potter! Until next time marshmallows.