:Chapter 18:

:Dalton:

I stood outside of Isabella's door nervously. I wasn't sure why but there was this weird energy coming from the house. I wasn't sure what it was. But I knew it wasn't good. Raising my fist I knocked on the door. 'If someone hurt Isabella. I will kill them!' Agreed with. Listening in I heard heavy but light footsteps and the door opened revealing Isabella.

I smiled at her while taking in her appearance. Her raven hair was flowing down her back perfectly straight. She had on a Harley Quinn cosplay jacket with a plain black shirt and leather pants. All the sudden she vaulted herself at me and brought me into a bone crushing hug. "Thank you." Isabella said with a smile.

"For what?" I asked confused. "Orchid had me on house arrest because of my brothers. They are doing training and won't let me participate." Isabella said pushing her pink lips out in a pout. "Well we can research stuff. You could possibly train with Derik." I said a little nervous. Isabella let go and straightened her sweatshirt. "Back to being cool." Isabella murmured her eyes deepening into a blue.

"Ok to your car." Isabella said with a smile pointing at my Lamborghini. My custom made Lamborghini that wasn't made of fiber glass. Students obsessed over my car and one persona attempted to hotwire it but the alarms when off when they touched the handle. My handle on the drivers side in finger print activated. So when the alarms went off and the cops showed up, students thought twice when walking near an Ashford car.

Isabella had her backpack on her back with her laptop stored inside. I smiled at her and her cheerfulness. She seemed so alive today and I wasn't questioning it. I was just happy to be able to spend time with her. Isabella hopped into my car and I followed her into it. "Ok. To my house we go." I said starting up the car. "To your house we go." Isabella said. I could still feel that weird energy from the house.

The energy buzzed and buzzed until I wanted to pull out my hair. "Dalton." Isabella said grabbing my shoulder. A loud howl pierced through the air. "Inside now." I ordered unbuckling and running to the house. Isabella didn't hesitate and followed after me reaching into her pocked and pulling out her pistol. "What is wrong Dalton? Talk to me." Isabella said opening the door then slamming it shut.

'Something is here.' I shook my head feeling the energy pulse. Right then Isabella swayed. Her face turned a sickly pale. Fuck. Just as she was about to collapse I grabbed her and hauled her up. "Hybrids." Isabella whispered her voice low and scratchy. "Orchid!" I yelled remembering Isabella saying she was here. Orchid came running out looking frantic. "There is hybrids." I said passing Isabella to Orchid. "Where?" Orchid asked as she eased a sick Isabella onto the couch.

"I don't know. But I can feel the energy pulsing." I said taking a seat next to Isabella. Her head was beginning to line with sweat and I quickly wiped it away. Orchid whistled and her two cats trotted out. Orchid reached into her boot and pulled out her wand. "Yin, Yang, démon se forme maintenant. Patrouille et rapport. Ne pas s'engager." Orchid ordered in French. More energy pulsed when the two cats walked away and big cats took their places.

"Did your cats just turn into panthers or am I hallucinating?" I asked. "Yin and Yang are my familiars. I ordered them to check the grounds but not to engage." Orchid said as she waved her wand around. "Call Isabella's brothers and tell them not to come home yet. The last thing we need is them going into Hybrids and getting hurt. Isabella would completely lose it if something happens to her brothers or Lucas." Orchid said handing me her phone.

"Can I text them?" I asked letting Isabella rest her head on my chest. "Sure but tell them it's you." Orchid said as she began chanting in some language. Two dogs came darting down the stairs, a German Shepherd and a mutt. They climbed up near Isabella and looked at us. "I won't let anything happen to her." I said. 'Should we shift?' 'No but be prepared to.'

Opening up Orchid's phone I sent a text to Ryne and tried to be as urgent as possible. Sure her brothers scared me but I didn't want them dead. That was the last thing I wanted for Isabella. She just got her brothers back. Isabella grabbed onto my shirt and waved her pistol. "Holy bullets. S-Should hurt them a lot." Isabella said collapsing on me completely. I grabbed her shoes and chucked them off and got her completely on the couch. There was a loud bang on the door and a snarl.

Right then the two large cats came in and walked up to Orchid. "There are hybrids." Orchid said swearing and clenching her fists. "Is there a chance Yin and Yang can fight?" I asked holding onto Isabella. "Of course. I never come here defenseless." Orchid said sitting down and giving a hand motion to her cats. The cats got into a defense position and bared their teeth in a threatening manner. 'We should shift to protect Isabella.'

That was not at all a bad idea. "Orchid I'm going to shift. You can protect Isabella right?" I asked. Orchid nodded. I went behind the couch and set my clothes on the couch. I let the shift take over as my bones rose up against my skin and cracked. They broke themselves then rearranged themselves into the style of a wolf. Soon I stood there in wolf form. Going out from the couch I rested my head near Isabella and licked her hand. Isabella looked so sick but touched my head.

That gave me reassurance so I stood my ground my hackles raised and teeth bared ready for when those hybrids came in looking for a fight. There was another slam against the door. I knew I'd be paying for a new door and establishing security for Isabella too. Or keeping her with her brothers more often. There was another slam and I raised my hackles even up more to give myself a larger appearance. I bared my teeth and growled prepared to protect Orchid and Isabella.

Right then the door broke off of it's hinges and slid across the floor. Hybrids stood outside snapping their jaws, their eyes a haunting red. Their furs radiated a dirty muddy grey. They bared their teeth and I returned the motion. No one was gonna hurt Isabella. Not while I was here.

1121. Two chapters will be out tomorrow. The continuation to this one then the Thanksgiving special. I'm not sure how I will make that happen but it will. Even if I have to slave away at the computer. There shall be two chapters tomorrow, mark my words! Until next time marked marshmallows.