:Chapter 16:

:Dalton:

If I was to say it, the little study session with Isabella went good. We learned some valuable information despite Isabella's complaining. 'I sometimes wonder how she got so much information in her journal.' But now I was in the forest in wolf form with Derik in wolf form with me. I decided to take a run to clear my head and Derik asked if he could come. Derik seemed to act like a werewolf pup. He was a very late shifter after all. For crying out loud he shifted at sixteen almost seventeen. The pack doctor believes it has to do with his amnesia which he still is recovering from.

Derik recently learned how to mind-link people and was enjoying it. Although I had to teach him he could only mind-link werewolves. He attempted to mind-link Isabella. When she didn't respond he called her angry about her not responding. I got an interesting fight talk from both of them so I began explaining the basics to Derik.

One of them happened to be when out on a run today. Now werewolves couldn't up and run in plain sight it would be awkward and dangerous. I'm sure the locals wouldn't be too pleased if they saw a giant wolf running around. Yes wolf packs lived in Greenburg, the howls proved so. Some wolves the other werewolves. 'I like to howl. It feels like the whole forest stops at my howl.'

Derik was about my height a little shorter in wolf form. But he had a more lean build then I did. He had red fur that put Kadan's to shame representing Derik's pure Redwolf lineage. His eyes right now were brown signaling Aki wasn't out. Aki was Derik's wolf who had a temper in half. A very dominant wolf Aki was. Aki got in an argument with Isabella and I thought the two were gonna start throwing punches at each other.

But back to the present. I nipped at the flank of Derik wanting to start running again. Derik released a warning growl before taking off running. Touché. I pressed myself into the ground before running off after the slightly playful male wolves. I ran after him being able to see his tail flowing behind him.

My tongue hang out of my mouth as I playfully chased Derik through the woods. We defiantly need this to get all the current issues off our shoulders. Derik suddenly came to a sudden halt and I almost collided into him. 'Can you smell that?' Derik asked mind-linking me. I brought my nose up and began sniffing around. Right then I caught a metallic scent mixed with the scent of a werewolf.

Blood.

'Follow me Derik. Try to pull your scent into your body. Then crouch low and we'll stalk them without them catching us.' I said mink-linking Derik. Derik bobbed his hand and we crouched low and followed the smell of the blood. 'I feel like we're tapping into our inner warrior.' Like Isabella. Derik was in the lead despite my protests but I decided to let him have his moment.

Three red colored wolves came into my site around a dead body. I resisted the urge to vomit up my lunch. There was cracking from the wolves as they took on their human forms. Derik crouched down till his stomach was nearly touching the ground.

The taller wolf took his appearance first. He had a blood red colored hair and his eyes were in the shape of Asian's sorta like Derik's. Derik was Asian after all. He was ripped across his chest and his eyes were almond color.

The other one was a smaller boy with a dull red hair designed in that k-pop style. He looked like he walked off of a magazine. Tattoos surrounded his chest. His eyes were a dark brown lingering on black. He radiated power around him despite his small form. Maybe a Beta or Gamma? He cracked his knuckles before looking at the other person.

This one was a girl. She had hair similar to the other kid but not as bright nor intense. It was long and extremely curly. Tight curls, I believe. She looked like a mix of an Irish and Asian. She had the Irish hair but most Redwolf's have red hair. Who knows. "Is it true that the Alpha's son is here?" She asked.

The taller one glanced down at her. "Yes Song. We believe this Derik is the Alpha's son." The tall one said. We had shifted to our human forms and watched them through the bushes. The woman Song nodded as the smaller one passed out clothes.

"Akira have you determined what the obnoxious black haired girl is to the Alpha's son?' The tall one asked. "His best friend. Hunting buddy." Akira said. We both growled at them insulting Isabella. Isabella could be a handful but she was not obnoxious. I wanted to go and smash the tall one's head into the tree. Song looked at the bushes and squinted. "Is someone here?" Song asked her eyes glowing a gold representing her wolf.

Both Derik and I froze as the three began advancing towards her. We both moved just as they pulled the bushes open. "Huro it smells like Alphas. A Blackwolf Alpha." Akira said looking at Huro. Fuck. "My guess is that one of the Alpha kids passed by here." Huro said sniffing the air. Song looked around her bare feet pressing into the soil. "It's young." Song stated looking at Huro.

"Who cares if he decides to attack we'll be prepared." Huro growled. You threw the first strike idiot. I could feel Ash trying to get control. 'Let me at them. I won't let them insult us like that!' I pushed Ash down. The last thing we need is a huge fight. I was still recovering from that wendigo. Mentally. I had to admit thinking about someone eating someone else did disgust me.

Akira looked at the bushes one more time before walking away. "Come on let's get back to the hotel. We did a run now let's go." Akira said casting the bushes a glance. "Ok Mr. Bossy pants." Song sassed. Akira growled and Song shut up. 'Ha! Isabella has more of a backbone then her!' 'Isabella has a lot of backbone. Sometimes too much.'

I loved Isabella, she was everything I wanted. But she does tend to get herself into very sticky situations. Now I will admit when I found out Isabella was my mate I wasn't too shocked. She seemed shy and sweet and I just wanted to wrap her up in a bubble and keep her to myself. Then slowly she got more comfortable and she began acting more like herself which is not shy and sweet. But I didn't have to worry about constantly protecting her if she was the person that she first came off as.

I guess you could say I wasn't your typical Alpha. I didn't want Isabella to completely depend on me as if I was her life support. Nor did I want to lock her away and make sure she only paid attention to me. I found that lifestyle for a mate cruel. Even Kadan, possessive would die to protect Alana Kadan wasn't like that. Sure he marked Alana as soon as he found out that was his mate but it worked in their advantage.

He found her when she was in huge trouble and it built up trust with each other. It was sorta cute watching their romance blossom. Kadan also helped Alana come out of her shell. Alana used to be a shy couldn't stand up for herself otaku. I mean Alana still was an otaku but she wasn't to shy now.

Derik poked me. "They left. We should get going to in case they come back." Derik said standing up. "Yeah. My Mom is probably worrying about us." I said loosening my shoulders with a small flex. With that we jogged back to my house. We of course put on clothes. Snow was beginning to fall after all. It didn't bother too much but it was annoying. Soon we'd be rounding up our horses again. If Red Claws touched them it was so on.

1368. Another chapter brought to you by me VIA your iPhone, Android, laptop, tablet, iPod, iPad, google glass. Wait are google glasses even out yet? So we met some of Red Claws. I will be doing a huge update. FOUR chapter update in one day. Then the 2100 word Thanksgiving special. I plan on having a huge Christmas one though. I made friends today. They are younger than me but nice. Until next time extra large fluffy marshmallows!