Chapter 18

Lily's POV:

"Come on Abby, let's go baby." I said looking at my munchkin playing on my bed with her toy. Taking my bags in one hand and holding my baby's hand in the other, I made my way downstairs where Jason, Max, Liam and everyone were waiting.

"Ahh finally. Her majesty is here." Max said rolling his eyes with a slight smile. I smiled rolling my own eyes too and pat him on the back.

"Let's go" I laughed. Liam saw our little interaction and glared holes onto my retreating back and Max. Max takes Abby from me and makes funny faces at her making her and me laugh at the same time.

Max, Abby and I get into the same car while Jason gets into another Mercedes SUV in black.

Liam follows Max and I and touched my hand. As soon as he does so, I feel the electricity shooting up from that area of my arm to the rest of my body. I felt alive at that moment. I flinched slightly as I hadn't felt that feeling in two years. I turn around and ask him, "Umm...what's wrong?"

"Why don't Abby and you travel with me? I would love it if you would." He said with expectant eyes.

"No. Abby is more comfortable with Max and me. Now if you could please excuse us." I said coldly. As much as I crave for his love, it had to be done. I'm not just going to forgive and forget everything he did two years ago. And plus, it wasn't about Abby. I couldn't be in the same car as him. It'll just strengthen the mate pull and weaken my will power of hate that I had created for Liam.

"Lilly how dare you!" He raised his voice as I realised what I had said. Abby was more comfortable with Max. I didn't mean it but I implied that Abby saw Max as the father figure. And no alpha would let his pup call somebody else their father.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. I just feel that..." I was at loss of words.

"What do you feel Lilly?!" He whisper-shouted. However that question seemed to have an underlying question to it.

"Okay Liam. We'll come with you." I said as I looked at Max staring at me with sad eyes and a slightly open mouth. I knew what he was thinking.

I took Abby and gave her to Liam, "Take her...I'll be at the car in a minute"

He took her and left for the car that stood a few feet away from us.

"Okay Max look. It's nothing like what you're thinking. I'm doing this just so that Abby could get to know her father better. I won't break that easily. You know I love you right?" I told him in one breath as I exhaled at the end.

When I looked up after my little explanation, I look at Max with his eyes wide open and mouth apart in a surprised way. He gathers me in a tight embrace and whispers,
"Lilly, I was sad when you told you're traveling in his car but you know what? I trust you enough and all this is for Abby. I understand. I'm sorry I thought otherwise. I was just a jealous boyfriend okay? I love you too. We'll meet when we take a break for lunch, alright?"

"Yess!" I said smiling widely and giving him a lingering peck on his lip. And left before he'd pull me back into the car for another kiss.

I walked to the car Liam and Abby were waiting and saw Abby set up in her car seat and  Liam on the driver's seat, turned and holding her tiny hands and playing but his mind was elsewhere.