Chapter 16

*Lily's POV*

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

"Stop it!" I yelled, pushing away the hand that was continuously poking me and disrupting my sleep.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

"Ughh! Can you let me have a peaceful sleep here?!" I sat on the bed and squinted at the annoying person that poked me.

"Come on grumpy head. Get ready!" Max said as he got up and went to the dresser in my room, looking for something. That's when I noticed, he was dressed in a black suit and tie.

"Wait! Where are we going and why are you dressed like you're going for a funeral?!" I asked quickly with fear in my eyes.

Come on! Your boyfriend wakes you up and tells you to get ready when he, himself is in a attire that looks like he's going for a funeral, you would obviously think someone's dead!

"You don't know? We're attending your mate's funeral." He said casually shrugging as if he was talking about the weather!

"WHAT?!" I yelled. Is he serious?!

"Oh come on! Stop overreacting! We're invited to the Crown Pack for the Alpha's crowning! Don't you remember?! I told you at night! And, for the record....suits are not only for funerals!" He said.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and then said, "No I don't remember. Don't you know I'm the most forgetful person this Earth could probably have?!" I asked sarcastically.

"Yeah yeah...now get up and get ready! We need to leave in an hour! Oh and please tell that mate of yours to get up and at least sit on the couch!" He said.

"Wait...what do you mean?" I asked, confusion clearly written across my face.

"He's been sitting outside your room from the time you left yesterday for bed. And also constantly repeating the words 'Sorry'. In fact, I won't be surprised if he would only talk in the 'Sorry' language." He said, shrugging.

I ran outside my room and saw that what Max said was true. Liam continuously chanted the word 'Sorry' and was leaning on the wall of the corridor with his eyes shut.

"Liam....Li-Liam....wake up." I slowly shook him.

He lightly stirred in his sleep and then opened his eyes. Those sky blue colour of his eyes, still hypnotising me.

"Lily...I'm sorry. I'm the worst mate." He said and then again went to shut his eyes.

That's when I decided to check his temperature. I placed my knuckles to his  forehead and saw that he had a temperature.

His forehead was burning. Obviously it would! This  idiot spent a night without a blanket outside in the cold and chilly corridor.

'He did it for us.' my wolf whispered.

'No.' I said firmly and tried waking Liam.

"Umm....Liam....wake up. Liam..." I said holding his shoulder.

"Uh...Lily. You! I love you! I've done everything wrong. But I'm really sorry! Really sorry." He kept on repeating continuously in a tired voice.

"Liam. Fine. I forgive you. Just get up and come inside. It's too cold in the corridor. Come on Liam...get up!" As I said this, his eyes brightened up. But they were still evident that he hadn't had a night's sleep.

He quickly got up and asked me, "Really?"

Only then did I realise what I actually said and quickly shut my mouth with both my palms.

"I'm sorry Liam. You spending a night outside my door and getting a fever doesn't even start to describe of the amount of pain you gave me." I said as I slowly watched his dull eyes and slouching posture return.

"What do you even think of yourself?! You're just a pathetic excuse for a mate and a wolf!" Max exclaimed and shut the door on his face.

I stood next to the balcony and stared out. Max came and stood next to me.

"Everything will be alright." He said.

And I really hoped everything would.

I really, really did.

____________________________________

Me- Honestly, I have very good reas-
Audience- Yeah you better have. *folds sleeves and grabs a bat.*
Guysss....I'm really very sorry to keep you all waiting this long and still updating just a small chapter. I swear I'll update frequently.
Audience- Now wait, we've heard that somewhere.
Okay....alright.....not very frequently but yeah I will try my best.

And one more thing! Comment down ship names for Max and Lily and also Liam and Lily.

And also whose team do you vote for?