Chapter 14

*Lilly's POV*

"Jase...what the hell-" I stopped as soon as my eyes landed on the familiar pair of icy blue eyes which I haven't looked at in 2 years.

"Burm?" Abby called out. And that's what seemed to break my trance.

I picked Abby and started backing off while muttering, "No...No! No!"

As soon as I was out of the room, I did the first thing that came to my mind.

Run.

I ran with Abby in my hands. Because if I left her here,  Liam would do something to her.

"Lily!....wait up! Please!....Just listen to me! Lily!" I heard Liam shouting.

I ran faster and soon arrived at Abby's and mine's favourite place.

The Garden.

I sat down on one of the swings with Abigail on my lap. I rethought whatever happened today.

Earlier.....after I and Abigail finished swimming, we went to our room to change. After changing, I heard shouting coming from Jason's room. And when I stormed in, I was shocked was an understatement!

Why is Liam here? Whatever it is....he should leave earlier. I do not want him to know that Abigail is his daughter because he will reject her just like he  rejected me. And my baby girl cannot handle anyone's rejection. Let alone her father's.

"Burmm?" Abby called out and started giggling! She was giggling at something behind me.

As I turned to see what it was...I found,

Max.

Thank God! I needed him the most now!

"Max...you kno-" I started. But Max pulled me close and hugged me. I started sobbing in his hold.

"I know, love. Jase told me. I'm not gonna let that asshole touch a single strand of your hair. Don't worry. Please calm down. Abby is scared!"

"Burm..." my little angel sobbed and quivered. I quickly hugged her tightly while Max held me.

If anyone would see us, they sure would've thought that we were aa married couple with a baby.

I wish we could have this with Liam... my wolf said in my head in a breaking voice.

'Stop it! We don't need him! He's done nothing but hurt us! Have you forgotten the pain we eent through while his rejection?! Havr you forgotten the amount of pain we endured while giving birth?! Nothing like that would've happened if he had just terminated his pride and selfishness and loved us. Didn't we deserve even that much?! Were we that worse, Cara?! Answer me! '

After my rant, Cara shut herself and curbed into the most silent part of my brain.

"Lily? You okay love? We should head back now baby.." Max whispered.

"Get back?! Max?! Noo!! I'm not going back to where my 'so-called' mate resides right now!" I screamed using air quotations.

Max slowly caressed my right cheek and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Baby, you know if you don't go back, this part of your life would remain unsolved, leaving your conscience and wolf restless. You know better than anyone to face your problems. And I want my princess to enjoy her life, not to waste it by thinking of an asshole who couldn't handle being a beautiful woman's mate. He doesn't deserve you. He doesn't deserve your tears. But remember baby, he has entered your life again. And since now he's back, he'll try to lure you. But I know my princess. She is much more stronger. Isn't she?"

Tears freely flowed from my eyes as I let Max's words sink in. Nodding to him, I told him to take Abby. He nodded and handed me a bottle of water.

Max slowly carried Abby towards the exit of the park, jumping and laughing with her while I gained my composure and cleant my face of any visible tears with the water that Max had given me.

I walked back to the car that Max had brought along and we started our journey back home.
------------------------------------------------------

*Liam's POV*

It was already an hour since my mate ran away from me, leaving my heart aching at her shaken state.

Did I really ruin our second chance that bad?

While this thinking, I couldn't avoid the nagging of my wolf about that little pup. As soon as my eyes laid on her, I felt a huge wave of pride. I don't even know what I was proud about.

Just as I was thinking, I heard a car honk outside the house. Currently I was sitting in the living room, waiting for my mate.

The door to the pack house opened to reveal my mate with that little pup again.

I quickly stood up and went towards her. And that's when I noticed a guy, the beta to be exact, stood in front of her, blocking her view and also from me reaching her.

"Move." I said lowly.

However, he didn't look intimidated. I was surprised because, this guy was a Beta and I'm on my full on Alpha mode right now.

He simple pulled Lillian to his side, put a freaking arm around her, and started walking into the pack house. All the while, Lillian looked at me in bewilderment.

My wolf clawed at the walls of my brains to let him out and set that Beta in his fucking place.

But I knew better. If I loose control, I would tear that Beta apart and relish in his pain by tearing him limb by limb.

I growled and spoke, "Stop right there."

The beta turned, and kept his hand on Lilly's waist, while giving me a smirk. He was probing me.

'Hell with this. I'm taking control.' My wolf told me and forced his control over me.

I started moving towards the Beta with a mind set of killing him at any cost.

******************************
Heya! I know I told you guyz that the next update was on the 18th or 19th.
But since I have a big heart and all (;p)
I decide to update!
And another reason was, since my exam tomorrow is English, and I finished preparing!
And writing this book is also aa kind of practice for my essays (PS- that's what I told my mum when she took my phone cauz of exams! But yeah she didn't quite believe it...and gave it to me after I finished studying! -_-)
Sorry for the rant! And yeah...this time for sure...next update is on the 18th! ;p
You know the roll- Comment and Vote! :)