Chapter 17

*Lily's Picture*

*Lily's POV*

"Now we have combat training. When you hit a person, you need to give entire pressure on your fist and knuckles. So today, we'll be working on that." I finished as they started getting into pairs to fight with.

Jason came out of the house to the backyard with an apple in his hand, "Mornin, how was the Alpha's crowning?"

"Mornin, yeah it was good." I said while inspecting the tools I had chosen for the pack's training later.

"Okay...By the way, where's Max? He didn't come for training?"

"Oh, he did. He's gone to fetch some more tools from the store room. Anyways, you tell me! How was your date?!" I asked, excited.

"Ughh! It was the worst! That snobby girl just went on talking about random shit and the waiter dropped sauce on her dress which resulted her to go home after it. I don't even know why you guys set up these stupid dates! Like seriously, I have work to do!" He complained.

"Well, Mr. Alpha, that's why. So that you get a break from work!" Max and I have been setting Jason up to blind dates so that he could live a little. But he doesn't quite seem to get the hang of it yet.

Just as he opened his mouth to talk, Liam entered. He bowed his head a little to show respect to us since we were on a higher rank than him. He is an Alpha, but he needs to still bow his head to an Alpha of higher strength. That's the reason most Alphas strive to make their packs, the strongest.

"He hasn't left yet?!" I whisper-shouted at Jason.

"Clearly I haven't, Lily and, I want Alpha Jason and his pack to come and help my pack in becoming better." He said with a mixture of being hurt and happy on his face.

Guess, he heard what I said. Dang it, wolf hearing! And he's happy cauz he knows that I'll be going along with the pack if he invites Jason and the pack.

"Alpha Liam, we're ready to help your pack. We will start for your territory, day after tomorrow." Jason said.

I didn't have any problem with going back. I'm still learning to control my emotions, but I'm not the same girl that people could push around.

"Thanks Alpha Jason." He said to Jason.

"You don't know how much I'm grateful for your help." He said looking at me.

Jason looked at both of us and told me to check on Max since he was taking so long!

I told the pack to continue practicing and then left to go check on Max.

"Max, what the-" I stood stunned as I saw him trying to balance the nunchaks and the knives on the same hand.

"Oh my goodness gracious, have you lost it?! Couldn't you have called me or something?! Here, let me help you!" I said as I took the knives from him.

"Yeah yeah....I can do stuff on my own Lilly!" He said, weakly trying to prove his point.

"Okay okay....listen. One more thing, we're going to Alpha Liam's Pack for training them. We leave day after, so start packing."

"Oh oka- wait what?! That asshole's pack?!" He asked.

"Yes! Get over it!" I said harshly as my wolf didn't like him along my mate Asshole. Stupid lovestruck creature!
___________________________

*Liam's POV*

As I walked into the Alpha Jason's pack house, I saw a little girl playing in the corridor. My little girl. Abby.

She was playing with a small doll as she whispered something in her baby language.

"Tala shaa durmmmm?" She was so damn cute! I can't believe I made this bundle of joy. Well, she definitely got her cuteness from her mother!

I went towards her and sat beside her.

She turned to look at me with her big doe-shaped eyes and smiled a toothless smile. I smiled back at her as I made her sit on my lap.

"Hello baby, what're you playing with here?" I asked Abby.

She showed me her small doll and pointed to the dresses kept beside it.

"Oh! Abby wants to play Dress up with Daddy? Come on let's play!" I said enthusiastically.
___________________________

After spending some Daddy-daughter time, it was time for Abby's bathe, so Lilly took her.

As I walked by Lilly's room, I noticed, the door was open while nobody seemed to be in there.

I went inside the room and saw that she had a wall of memories.

The first picture was of her with her brothers, when she was in our pack. Her happy time. And then there was a picture of her with that Beta Max and Alpha Jason, taken in a garden as she stuck out her tongue at the camera while Max and Jason goofed around her. It was not believable to see such a strong Alpha playing around.

An then, there were pictures of her pregnancy, as I looked at each of them, I felt even more depressed as I thought of missing her weird cravings which she would've had, the first sonography, the tears she would've had when she'd seen our baby, I missed all of that.

As I looked at more pictures, of her being happy, I felt wetness on my cheeks. When did I turn so sappy?!

Them there was a picture of her in a hospital gown, carrying our little munchkin in her hands, looking at the delicate baby lovingly, as sweat and tiredness were visible on her face. I should've been there to hold her hand and whisper little nothings to her.

And then there were pictures of Abby slowly growing up. I missed my baby's first cries, first steps, first word, every god damn thing!

I felt a delicate hand on my shoulder. I lightly turned to see, it was Lilly. I don't know what came over, but I quickly turned and hugged her as I cried like I had lost something I dearly wished for. But one thing I did notice was, Lilly hugged me back, her small hands wrapped across my broad back as I poured my entire heart through my tears.

An Alpha never cries.

But this Alpha did.

Because he rejected his dear mate.

----------------------------------------------
Baow chika waow waow!
Yo peeps! Wrote a chapter!
And yes, I finally got an actress somewhat similar to how I envision Lily to be!
The actress is Holland Roden!
Enjoy the chapter!❤️

Instagram- monxbn