Chapter 12

][ Kat's POV ][

As we pulled into the mall, I got nervous.

What if we run into a ton of fans and they don't like me? What if we get mobbed?

Oli put his hand on my thigh. "Don't worry about anything. I'll protect you."

I blushed a little, getting out of the car as the driver opened the door for me.

I muttered a quick thank you, turning and waiting for Oli to come to my side.

It took a very small number of seconds before his arm was around my waist, him leading me to the entrance.

I got the familiar butterflies in my stomach as he rubbed his thumb in calming circles on my side.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me as we walked inside.

"If you get noticed while we're here, what if your fans don't like me? What if we get separated?" I honestly replied.

"Don't worry about the fans not liking you. That's ridiculous, anyone who doesn't like you will have to go through me. And I'm not going to let us get split up. I promise, no one will get between us." He promised.

I smiled and leaned into his side a little more.

"Alright, so where do you want to go first?" He finally asked, handing me a pair of sunglasses to try to hide the both of us slightly.

He put on his own pair as I spoke. "Definitely Hot Topic. Then maybe Journeys for shoes."

][][][

As soon as we walked into Hot Topic, people in there recognized who we were.

The store was relatively small, though, so there weren't too many people. Oli politely took pictures with them and signed things, but asked them to wait a few hours before they say anything so that we could shop in peace.

We went through everything they had, so basically my entire wardrobe was band shirts and black skinny jeans. I am more than okay with that, though.

At Journeys, I got a few pairs of converses and vans, and some socks, because that's all I need.

Oli gave me the card so I could go to Victoria Secrets and Pink to buy anything else I need, while he waited outside.

I got some hoodies, sweatpants and mostly normal under garments. Mostly.

After that, I got some feminine hygiene products before going back to Oli.

We were able to leave peacefully after grabbing some Panda Express.

In the car, we just ate in a silence for a little while.

"You know, we will be going on tour soon for the album that we just finished." Oli spoke up.

"Yeah? That's cool." I started to get scared. Will I have to stay here alone while they're gone? How long will it be?

"I'm not going to go unless I can take you with me." He promised.

"What if they really won't let me go?" I asked in concern, immediately unhappy.

"Then they don't really need me in the band." He shrugged, sending my discomfort. "Please, let's not argue about this, though. I'm just not going to leave the love of my life at home alone while I tour the world, having the time of my life."

"Okay, I don't want to argue either." I sighed.

"Alright, now, I want to make sure your comfortable with all the guys. You're the only female living in a house with a lot of us, and I want you to tell me if anyone makes you uncomfortable." He looked me deeply in the eyes.

"I don't think any of them would do anything, honestly, but if something happens I promise I'll tell you." I assured him.

"Good, now, there's another thing." He looked at me strangely.

"What is it?" I tilted my head slightly, setting my food aside as I was finished with it.

"I'm not even gonna lie, I'm terrified somethings gonna happen to you. I know that you used to have bullies, and I can't shake the thought that they might do something, try to take you away from me, maybe." He told me, fear evident in his eyes. I could feel the muscles in his hand getting sore from nervously clenching it open and closed.

"Don't worry about that so much. I really don't think it will ever happen." I tried to comfort him by placing my hand on top of his.

"I know, and I don't want to think about anyone taking you, but I need to make sure we have this conversation." He sighed.

"O-okay?" I started getting anxious, too, thinking about being kidnapped or taken away from Oli.

"I want to have some kind of signal. If you're ever in danger, I want something that we can send signals with." He told me.

"I know what you mean. But what could we do? I do a lot of things out of nervousness." I stated.

"What about biting your cheeks? I mean, basically everyone chew on the inside of their cheeks, but if you just plain bit them." He suggested.

"I think that could work. Or my tongue." I added.

"Yeah." He smiled slightly.

"We're here." The driver spoke up.

Oli opened up the door and I followed, him taking my hand.

"We've got a lot of stuff to put away." He chuckled.

"Yeah. Will there be room for everything?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah, of course! I had one of the guys move all this things in my closet to one side, so half of the closet is empty right now." He explained.

"Alright. Should we get started?" I glanced at all the bags through the car window.

"Let's get all the guys down here to help us first." He approached the front door, opening it and peaking his head in. "Hey! Everybody get your asses out here and help carry in some bags!"