Chapter 7

][ Kat's POV ][

"It's you." We whispered at the same time.

Before I could register what was happening, he wrapped me in a big hug.

I smiled as my arms went around his neck.

"I finally found you." He mumbled into my neck.

We reluctantly pulled away and I was breathless.

It felt like someone shoved a vacuum down my throat and turned it on. That's the true feeling of breathlessness.

"So, tell me about these punks who think they have the right to treat you the way they do." He ordered.

"They're just people from school who do the same thing they've always done." I answered honestly.

"How long have they been doing this to you?" He asked.

"A couple years." I muttered as we continued walking.

"Your friends and family didn't notice?" He sounded a little shocked.

"My parents were always trying to make sure I'm the perfect child, and I didn't have any friends." I explained.

"Oh. What do you mean by perfect child?" He raised and eyebrow.

"One that wears all pink and gets perfect grades. After they left for work I changed into the kind of things I actually like to wear and fixed my hair and makeup. They didn't know about the true me." I explained.

"You managed to hide all of that? We got a badass over here!" He yelled.

My laugh mixed with his and I looked up at him so I could see his smile.

He just... He fascinates me.

"So, I know it's kind of a touchy subject, but can we talk a little bit about your situation right now?" He asked after a moment.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Well, you're only 18, so you don't have a job, so you can't get money. You said that you have no family left, so you're alone. What are your living arrangements?" He got a little quieter.

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Um, I have six days until I have to go to a foster home."

His face dropped a little. "I'm not letting you go through that."

"What do you mean?" I turned towards him.

He stopped and faced me. "I-I know that it's really soon, but do you think we'd be close enough in six days for you to move in with me?"

Whoa. "I don't know. Uh, are you sure you're okay with that?"

"I mean, we're going to spend the rest of our lives together, might as well start early." He told me. "I want to make each moment count."

I stood, stunned. "Um, yeah. If you're good with it, then I don't see why not."

He smiled the kind of smile that makes you shudder a little.

He pulled me in for another hug.

I sighed in content from the feeling of having his arms wrapped around me.