Chapter 10

][ Kat's POV ][

"Where are we going?" I asked as I curled into his side.

"My place." He told me.

"Can we stop at mine?" I looked up at him.

"I don't think that's a good idea." He started running his fingers through my hair.

"Why not?" I pulled away so I could look at him.

He gave me a look of pity before he spoke again. "Uh, before everything happened, you only had a week to find a place or to get your stuff and go to an adoption center, since you couldn't get a job. I had been collecting your mail, and there was something on the doorknob that said you were no longer entitled to anything in the house. I called the number and explained the situation, but they said that it couldn't be undone. I'm sorry, Kat, but I promise I'll replace everything." He explained.

I just leaned back into him and closed my eyes as tears fell. So not only did I lose my family, I lost everything else I had. On top of that, I have a murder on my record.

All I have now is Oli.

I felt the car come to a stop after a while.

"We're home, babe." He told me as everyone got out of the car.

I reluctantly let go so he could get out, before unbuckling myself and stepping out.

It's so weird to be able to feel every tiny ounce of pain that another person has. Like right now, his back hurts a little bit, almost as if he slept on it wrong.

"Hey, don't cry." He pulled me close when I got out. "I hate seeing you cry. It'll be okay, Princess. I promise I'll replace everything." He wiped away my tears.

"I don't want you to have to pay for all of that, though." I cried quietly.

"That's the best part. Come here, I want to show you something." He grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

"Hey! There she is! I'm Austin, nice to meet you. Oli never shuts up about you." He told me.

I smiled at him.

"Hey, Austin, I'm Kat. Sorry for my appearance, there's only so much you can do about it in jail." I cringed.

"Yeah, good luck to you." He seemed to understand that Oli was gonna show me something by the way he glanced between the two of us before leaving.

Oli brought me up to his room and grabbed his laptop.

"So, since you don't want me to spend tons of money on you, I may or may not have had a donation going while you were... Away." He told me.

"What do you mean a donation?" I sat down beside him.

"It's not a huge deal, but I just made a website where people can donate money to a bank account that's all for you for when you need money. A lot of people have done so, because fans know your my soul mate and I told them mainly what happened. Even some celebrities have given some money." He told me.

"Are you serious?!" My eyes watered. "You did all of that for me?!"

"Yeah. Here's how much money you have." He clicked a few things on the screen.

Holy damning hell.

$361,924.73

And it was still growing.

$362,022. 16

"Oli! Shitting balls! How'd you- but- what-..... I just.. I don't know what to say." I put a hand over my mouth, tears flooding my eyes.

"Don't say anything." He smiled at me.

I tackled him into a hug and we fell backwards.

"Is this real? Like, is that actually how much money I have?" I asked as I layed my head on his chest.

"Yeah, it's for real." He chuckled.

"Why are they still giving money? Don't they know that it's enough?" I started to feel bad.

"They're choosing to give you money. They can see how much you have." He told me.

"Now I feel bad. I should make an official Twitter and tell them to stop. Wait, I don't have a phone. Fuck my life!" I groaned.

"We can go to the mall later. For right now, we can just relax a little. Do you want something else to wear? That sweater is probably making you warm." He offered.

"Sure." I shrugged before standing up to let him get up.

He went over to his closet and pulled out a Nirvana tank top.

"Here. I'll just turn around." He handed it to me and sat on the bed, facing the wall.

I threw off my sweater and thanked myself for not wearing an embarrassing bra, since the sleeves hung down a little. The grey fabric could be seen under my arms, but I don't really care.

"Okay, you're good." I said as I approached him.

"What do you want to do?" He asked as he turned around.

"Can we just cuddle and talk?" I fiddled with my fingers.

"Sure." He moved back on the bed so he was leaning against the headboard before opening his arms, inviting me to join him.

I jumped in and he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me close to him.

"So, what are you going to do about school?" He asked.

"I think I'm going to drop out. I don't want to go back there, considering lots of people probably think I'm a murderer. I mean, I know I killed him, but it was either him or me... He had a knife. What else was I supposed to do?" My eyes watered. I thought I had been all cried out about this.

"Hey, please don't cry. It wasn't your fault, okay? You're right, you didn't have a choice. And please don't drop out of school. We can do online classes or something, but you need your education. I'm not going to let you just give up." He told me.

"Okay, if that's what you really want me to do." I smiled up at him.