Chapter 4

][ Kat's POV ][

I woke up a couple hours later, when my music stopped playing.

I honestly feel bad for OS. It's been one day and he's probably dreading meeting me. I wonder if it's possible for your soul mate not to be the right guy. If that happens, does your tattoo disappear? Does it change?

I need to calm myself. These tattoos are permanent. They can't change or disappear.

I sat up from the couch and found my phone. My only notification was saying that Oli had tweeted something. I got on Twitter and checked it out.

@OliBMTH
We haven't talked to fans in a while. Meet me at Central Park in an hour?

What Central Park? There's one around here, but does he live in this area? I went to the Bring Me the Horizon official website to search it up.

Holy fuck. How did I not know he lived here?

He had tweeted that about 45 minutes ago, so I figured I would go. Maybe I'll get to talk to him, maybe I won't.

I went upstairs to change into a long sleeve shirt before grabbing my phone and heading out.

As I walked to the park I couldn't help but wonder where he lived. There weren't any huge houses around, other than that one, and there might be a couple others somewhere that I don't know of.

When I finally got there, it wasn't hard to find them, considering the fact that there was a ton of fans crowded around in a huge circle.

I approached the group to hear that everyone was being politely quiet while fans asked them questions, but I still couldn't see them through all of the people.

"When are you going to release your next album?" Someone asked.

"I, unfortunately, can't tell you that." Oli said, his accent apparent.

"Have you found your soul mate yet?" A girl asked.

"No, but its really hard to when you have tons of fans who will edit photos to make it look like it's them. I mean, I love you guys, but it's making my life more difficult. Anytime I go on Twitter now, I see tons of pictures of tattoos where I could be the mate. And maybe some people truly aren't lying, I just want to find my girl. She has a rough life." He sounded genuinely sad.

"What do you mean she has a rough life?" A guy pushed.

"I don't know if I should tell you because once we know who it is, you guys might say something-"

"None of us will say anything. The least we can do is be loyal to our idols." A girl promised.

"Do you guys promise not to tell?" He asked.

"Promise." Everyone said. I even found myself whispering it.

"She- she gets abused or something. It's happened twice. This morning she got beat up, and this afternoon it felt like she just kept getting slammed into a wall before thrown to the ground. And then she was hit another few times." He explained.

I feel bad for that girl.

Wait.

Oh shit.

Before I even realized what I was doing, I found myself walking away.

Is it really me? What the fuck do I do? How am I supposed know?

I ended up just walking around the track that circles around the park, and sitting on a bench. The crowd was still there, but it seemed slightly smaller. I looked down as I thought about things, and realized that I'm wearing one of my BMTH shirts. What a great way to try to stay unnoticed by him.

Do I really want to stay unnoticed? Most people find their mate in a couple hours if it says that they are near. It's been almost a whole day.

I looked up to see that the crowd was dispersing, but the band stayed where they were. They were talking seriously about something.

I watched them for a little while before I decided to tone down on my stalking and go back home. I stood up from the bench and fiddled with my sleeves as I walked. I had to walk fairly close to them unless I wanted to go a very long way around.

As I walked, I noticed they were talking about his tattoo.

"I just... I want to find her and make sure she's okay. I want to help her." After he said that, my wrist started aching again.

I pulled up my sleeve and saw that the part that said "Near you" was getting bolder, darker.

"Guys look!" I heard Oli exclaim.

I started walking a little quicker.

Do I really want to be unnoticed?

Is it really him?

What can I do to figure it out?

I stopped when I reached a bench on the other side, so now I was facing their backs.

I sat there, staring at him while thinking, when suddenly I got a light fucking bulb.

I raised my right hand to the top of my left arm and pinched myself hard enough it hurt.

"Ow!" I heard him exclaim.

"What? What happened?" Jordan asked.

"I think she just pinched herself." He laughed.

The others chuckled.

I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, but they all stood up and brushed off their jeans.

I took that as my cue to leave before them, so I stood up and started home.

Home. Is it even home anymore? I'm all alone there, so is it still a home? A house is a place, but home is a feeling. It doesn't feel like home.

I walked in the door and went up to my room without looking at anything but my shoes.

I plugged in my phone and took of my shoes before picking up my phone while it charged.

I went on Twitter and saw he hadn't tweeted anything yet.

@secret_reject
I found him, but he hasn't found me. Do I stay unnoticed?

It got a couple of likes from my followers.

(In reply to @secret_reject)
@BMTHismyreligion
No!! If you even only think it's him, talk to him! Go for it!!!