Training

In the Land of Tea

In the middle of the forest, there was two individuals standing in the clearance, those individuals were Tsunade and Naruto.

"Ok, Naruto, before we get into serious training, we first have to focus on molding your chakra" Tsunade said to her son.

"Molding my chakra?" Naruto said confused.

"Yes. Molding one's chakra is very important. This training that I'm about to teach is called chakra control. This training is going to help you learn how to use your chakra effectively. The chakra control practices that I'm going to teach you are going to be taught in the academy so this will give you a head start. First, we're going to do the Leaf Concentration practice" Tsunade said.

"What's that"? Naruto asked.

"This training method is done by placing a leaf over an individuals forehead and having them direct all their chakra onto the leaf, this is to keep your mind from becoming distracted" Tsunade explained.

"Sounds easy enough" Naruto confidently.

'We shall see' Tsunade said in her head.

While Naruto was doing the Leaf Concentration method, Tsunade was thinking of a way to get Naruto to lose his concentration and out of nowhere Tonton walks into the scenery, that's when a light bulb went off in Tsunade head.

Whispering over to Tonton, Tsunade said "Psssst, hey Tonton, come here" she said quietly. Tonton walks over to her master and makes a little pig noise. "I need you to do something for me" Tsunade whispered to Tonton.

After Tsunade told Tonton what she wanted her to do, Tonton walks over to Naruto, who's eyes is closed and trying to focus chakra into the leaf on his forehead. Tonton looks back at her master with a uncertain face. Tsunade nods her head in Tonton's direction. Tonton sighs and starts tickling Naruto, and because of that Naruto loses his concentration, the leaf that was once on his head falls to the ground and Naruto starts to laugh.

"T-TONTON S-S-STOP......I CAN'T..... ST-OP!" Naruto screamed/laugh/wheezed. Tonton stopped tickling Naruto.

"W-why did y-you do that Tonton?" Naruto asked still getting over the effects of being tickled. 

"I told her to tickle you" Tsunade chuckled.

"Why Kaasan" Naruto asked feeling betrayed.

"I did so in order to show you how easily you can lose concentration" Tsunade said to Naruto, "But if you keep trying this method, you won't be easily throw off by any distractions and also you will learn how to use your senses. Tell me what are the 5 senses Naruto".

"Sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch" Naruto listed.

"Good, now which ones out of those 5 senses will you use while doing this method of training. Note that your eyes were closed and you were sitting on the ground" Tsunade said.

Using his brain, Naruto pondered on what his mother just said to him 'Hmm, eyes closed and sitting on the ground, so that eliminates sight, taste and smell, unless I was a dog then I could smell someone's scent, so that leaves hearing and touch'.

"Hearing and touch" Naruto said.

"Yep, let me give you an example why its those two. So lets say that you're in a really dark cave and you're trying to find your way out. Now because the cave is dark, you can't see anything so that eliminates sight, and there isn't a scent in the air so that also eliminates smell, and also you can't taste anything so that eliminates taste, so that leaves you with your two senses: hearing and touch. So you're in the cave, feeling along the walls so you don't bump into anything and you're listening to your surroundings, hoping to hear a noise that could possibly lead you to the way out.

"Oh, I get it but how does hearing and touch come into play with this type of training?" Naruto asked.

"While doing this method of chakra control, your eyes are closed, you can't taste anything and you can't smell anything but the flowers, I'm not wearing any perfume {Remember that they're in the forest} so that will leave you with hearing and touch. So lets say that your on a mission and your enemy blinded you and you're left with those two senses, perhaps your enemy is heavy footed, so you're listening to their foot steps in order to see how close they are, or perhaps your enemy is light footed so that means you can't hear anything and you're left with touch. There is a type of shinobi called a sensor, a sensor is capable of detecting the presence of other people by directly sensing their chakra. You can also senses the vibrations in the ground to tell how far your enemy is. So while you are concentrating, I'm going to sneak up on you and try to distract you, so try to listen to your surroundings and if you can try and see if you can senses me coming up behind you, ok" Tsunade said.

"OK kaasan"Naruto said.

So while Naruto was concentrating on putting his chakra onto the leaf that was on his forehead, Tsunade was quietly tiptoeing behind Naruto. While Naruto was concentrating, he can't hear his mother anywhere but he felt a weird feeling, it felt like he was getting stronger by the second, but he didn't let that distract him, then he felt as if someone was coming closer to him, he also feels vibrations in the ground and he feels waves of emotions behind him.

Just as Tsunade was getting arm length towards Naruto, Naruto said "I feel you Kaasan, I feel your emotions and I feel the vibrations of your footsteps".

Tsunade was shocked by the words her son said to her. 'So he's a sensor type' she said in her head.

"That's excellent Naruto, now we know that your a sensor type" Tsunade said. 'But are you prone from distractions' she thought.

"Keep concentrating Naruto" she said. Naruto doing just that.

'Hmm, what is one of Naruto's weakness' Tsunade thought. A minute goes pass and Tsunade gets an idea of how to distract Naruto.

"Hmm, probably I should make some ramen for dinner tonight" Tsunade said loud enough for Naruto to hear.

"RAMEN!!!" Naruto yelled, instantly losing focus.

Tsunade just smiles. Naruto instantly knows what she just did, he loses all excitement and becomes gloomy.

'Great' Naruto says in his head.

{Time skip to almost the end of the day cause I'm Shikamaru}  

So after five hours of this training method, Naruto finally passes the Leaf concentration practice. 

EDITED: 1/4/2018