16

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 | "𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆?"
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"I adore you Lo, don't ever have your doubts about that. You're a precious girl. My precious girl, yeah?"

The words seem to be stuck inside of her head since the day he told her this. It was approximately eight days and three hours since Luke had told her about his feelings, and yet, she never actually felt his love towards her.

She doubted his words. He told her not to, but what else could she do? He barely showed any affection towards her anymore, going to work without telling her goodbye and avoiding her whenever they supposedly had to have dinner together.

They barely spent their nights together, Luke was claiming to be busy with his work and Logan knew he really was, the scripts Ashton had sent him were taking over his private life, meaning he wasn't able to spend his day with Logan, or anyone else at all.

Now that sometimes didn't really matter, because Logan was busy with online schooling and had to clean the entire house, but at nights, when she was sitting on the couch all by herself, she missed the presence of a tall and smoking hot guy sitting next to her, holding her and kissing her cheeks and forehead.

A big sigh escaped her lips when she let herself rest down onto the big and comfortable couch, letting herself sink into the soft material as her eyes were trained on the TV, that softly played a marathon Bob's Burgers.

Logan saw Luke disappearing in his work room this morning at around ten, after she asked him if he wanted a coffee and he quietly declined. She hadn't seen him since, but the different Spotify playlists playing from the room confirmed he was still there.

Sure, Logan had thought about why Luke was suddenly so cold and detached, but she figured out he was just way too busy with his scripts and improving them before turning them back in.

Ashton had told her Luke was a perfectionist when it came to his work, and she knew that was why he was also so successful in what he did. He was a CEO, probably the youngest with his twenty six years, and that meant he had to keep his work up-to-date, and he couldn't get behind on schedule.

She understood that, but she was also quite annoyed by the fact that his work got a hold of him and he wasn't really able to spend some time with her anymore. It was weird, because they normally were quite inseparable and spend nearly twenty four hours together.

Determined to go and get some small talk out of her boss, Logan hoisted herself up from the couch and turned off the TV before she found her feet leading her towards the stairs. She felt an incredible amount of heavy weight onto her shoulders as she made her way up, a nauseous feeling erupting in the pit of her stomach once she neared the door to his work office.

Raising her hand, the brunette found herself sighing deeply, wandering why on earth she should knock because she never really did and never really would. And so, she carefully turned the doorknob and let the door stand open just the smallest amount.

Luke was sitting on his desk chair with his head in his hands, eyes wide while the crystal blue electrics scanned a few of the thousand words he had yet to read. He let an inaudible sigh escape his lips, not even noticing the brunette maid leaning against the door as she did so.