Chapter 11

Hey guys, at the end of this chapter is a short little thing, please read it. It’s very important. Thanks :)

Krista’s P.O.V

“No.” I stared at the stick in disbelief.

This can’t be happening. This can’t be happening. I’m done; he’ll never love me now. He kills things, he doesn’t make things.

“Hey, are you okay?” I heard his voice from outside my bathroom door.

“Yeah, be out in a second.” I said trying my best not to sound panicked.

“Okay, are you sure you are okay, you’ve been in there for a bit.” He seemed concerned, and I sighed.

“Yea, I’m fine.”

I wrapped the stick in toilet paper and washed my hands quickly. I had to tell him, but I was scared. What if he rejected me for it? It’s not my fault. He did it. This is his fault. What if he tried to kill it? Or me? I gulped and opened the door. I put on the fake smile I wore when I was hiding something, and sat down on my bed. Jeff was leaning by the door, his hair falling a bit in his face. His eyes light with happiness when he looked up at me.

“Hey.” He opened his arms, offering a hug. I great fully returned it. I put my head on his shoulder.

I was so scared of his judgment. It was his, and I knew that but still. I didn’t even realize I was crying until Jeff pulled away.

“Why are you crying?” he asked, his eyes leaking with fear and concern.

“Jeff…” I couldn’t. I had to run away.   

“Krista, what’s wrong?” He gripped my shoulders, shaking me slightly.

“It’s Faith. I need to go see her. She and Jack are having problems.” I lied.

Well, it wasn’t really a lie. Jack and Faith have been having problems for about a month. They have been fighting ever sense she tried to kill herself. Jack found out and they haven’t stopped fighting sense. It’s been a month now and they are on and off. I remember I came over one time and they were having a screaming feast.

“Why can’t you just get over it?!” Faith screamed, her hands balled in fists.

“Because! What if Jeff wasn’t there? What would happen then? Does it make you feel better to know that would crush me?” He yelled back.

“Maybe it would! Maybe I hate you!!”

“You don’t mean that.” He defended.