Chapter 2

Faith’s P.O.V

What did he mean he wasn’t going to fight? He had to fight, he had to see! Ugh, I was hoping not to kill him, but it felt like I had too. I don’t know why, but I got this weird feeling in my stomach, and I felt something in my throat. I was going to throw up! I ran faster until I couldn’t see Jack, and I throw up my guts. I wiped my mouth and I got a bit dizzy. I put my hand on my head and I was really hot. I felt the sweat dripping down my face, and the all black outfit I was wearing only made it worse. I started to run again, but I was to dizzy and I tripped, falling on my face. I felt a cold hand on my arm, and was pulled up by Jack. He looked into my eyes, his black nothingness making me want to look away. All I wanted to know was why I couldn’t kill him? What was so special about him? I felt in a way, I knew him. But I couldn’t he was a killer. I mean so was I, but I was… normal. I didn’t eat kidneys or anything. He didn’t smell bad because of it either, he smelled… good. He smelled like someone I had known. Why did he seem so familiar? I thought of everyone I had once known before I became the monster I am, but no one came to mind.

“Faith?” He asked, and I looked up at him.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Do you need me to take you home or something?”

“Um… Yeah.” I blushed at myself and tried to stand; only making me fall.

His cold hand grabbed me before I fell and I smiled slightly at him, hiding myself in my hair. I wondered what would happen after this, I mean I had just pretty much maybe him not want to kill me. I mean, will he feel this way about everyone? He can’t though, he needs to kill people or nothing will work. This will never work if he can’t kill.

“Do you not want to kill now?” I asked out of the blue as we walked with his hand hanging behind me, not really touching me but close enough so that I could feel it was there.

“No, I still do, probably; I just can’t find a way to kill you. It’s odd, I feel like I’ve meet you before.” He said, and I smiled at myself.

“Really, how would I know you?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Not sure, maybe I had known you before I became this.” He gestured to himself, mask and all.

“Can you see?”

“What?”

“Can you see?” I repeated.

“Yes, I can see.” (A/N: Okay so a lot of people say he can’t see, but I think he can so in my fan fiction he can see, because he’s a unicorn or something. He can see without eyes. End of story)

“What do I look like?” I turned to him and he tilted his head to the side a bit.

“Long black hair, with bangs to long. You have piercing green eyes, kind of like a cat. Paler skin and a skinny figure, but still a shape. You like black, and wear it often.”   He said

“Well, then you can see. Nice job.” I said.

“I do have great eye sight, for someone who doesn’t have eyes at all.” He joked and I chuckled. I lifted my hand to move my bangs back and Jack gave my hand a good long look.

“What?” I asked looking at the hand.

“That ring, it’s… nice.” He grabbed my hand and studied my ring.

“Thank you.” I said, pulling my hand away.

“Where did you get it?” He asked, and I looked down.

“I’m… not sure.” I said.

“You don’t know?” He asked, pulling my hand up again.

“No, I woke up who knows how long ago and it was on my finger. I just couldn’t take it off. I don’t know if I got it for myself or if it was a gift, or even it means I was married, but I can’t remember any part of my life until I was 19. I don’t know what happened before that. I think I had a family, friends, even a boyfriend, but if he walked in front of me, I probably couldn’t tell you it was him.” I said, studying my ring as well. I could feel Jacks “eyes” on me and I looked up.