Sneak Peak at the new story!!

CHAPTER ONE SNEAK PEAK: My crush thinks we're in Narnia

Special. That could be a way to describe me. Or it would be weird. Dysfunctional. Strange. Peculiar. Honestly I don't know who I am, or what I am, but that doesn't matter now, does it? 

My mom and dad don't know, neither does my brother. Only my dog.

Is it weird what I can do? Well, you don't know yet, because you don't know what I can do. Except for maybe talk to animals now. Did I tell you that?

Never mind that.

My name is Cassidy. Cassidy Allen. How are you?

Probably weirded out, and you will be even more, after welcome you into my world.

The world of High School.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the middle of the year for Freshman year. I have a small group of friends, and I'm kinda popular.

I have wavy brown hair that I usually put up in a high ponytail, and I have green eyes outlining my pupils, that are brown on the outside. They sometimes change colors to a lighter or darker shade. I have broader shoulders and wide hips, like a slight hourglass shape. I am small, 5'1 to be exact. But for my age, that's about average.

I'm currently in class, doing a writing essay. I love writing essays. I could probably write all day. I was writing a story called "Wind Soul" where a dog named Wind sacrificed herself for her owner.

I had gotten this inspiration from my favorite book, "Samariah, the savior".

The bell rung and I packed up my stuff, and headed out the door. I looked at my kinda crush, Cory. I thought he was cute, and if he asked me out maybe, but I didn't really love him. He had short blond hair in the latest and hottest style you could possibly think of.

His eyes were electric blue with gray on the outsides. I watched him walk in front of me. We never really talked much, and he wasn't exactly the nicest.

I walked over to my friend Ashley. She was small, smaller than me, with also brown wavy hair and dark brown eyes. She was skinny and petite. She was pretty though.

We walked out to the lockers when the whole class started crowding around us, and our friend Abby who was joining us. They started giggling. I dropped my binders looking around, and saw a smirking Maddy. Maddy Grace. I hated her. She pointed at Cory and smirked more, causing a memory trigger.

I had been sitting in ELA, and Maddy leaned over to me. We had been kinda friends at the time, and then she started being really mean.

Of course, it was easy for her to do. She was flawless, except for her grades that were below 50s. Her straight brown hair with blond ombré at the end, and her blue fading to green eyes, that changed colors sometimes. She was skinny, and had perfect curves.

"Pssst!" She whispered. I leaned over to her.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Who do you have a crush on?" She whispered. She smiled. Not evil though. A genuine smile.

"I'll tell you later!" I whisper yelled.

"Awwwww come on!" She said, forgetting to whisper. She clutched her hand over her mouth as the teacher looked over.

"Cassidy and Maddy! No talking!" She scolded. We groaned and giggled. I decided I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Cory," I whispered in her ear.

"What about him?" She whispered back.

"I....like him. Well, I think he's cute-"

"Cassidy and Maddy, detention!" The teacher yelled. We rolled our eyes as Maddy smiled.

But a couple days later, her boyfriend Joshua, asked me out. Me. When he had a perfect girlfriend, he asked me. I was stunned and about to tell Maddy how bad he was, but she was convinced we had been dating and he was cheating on her.

Ever since, we had been enemies. She was horrible, cruel, and knew all my secrets.

As I was back to the present, I knew what was going to happen. I tried to control my rage but it wasn't working. I felt heat rising in my chest, signaling my oncoming.....specialness.

Cory stepped forward as the crowd giggled. He had a smirk on his face, and trying not to laugh, he asked me out.

"Cassidy, will you go out with me?" He burst out laughing. Of course Maddy had told him. I stormed away with Riley and Ashley yelling no. I felt the heat rising and pushed it back down. I heard a water fountain exploding, and I felt the anger ease. I was still seething though.

"Why didn't you say yes?" Ashley asked. She knew my secret.

"Was it not obvious it was a joke?" I yelled at her. She flinched. "Sorry," I said, softening my tone. As we walked into next class, my face was red and as the whole class burst out laughing, I couldn't contain it. Everyone froze. I had frozen time. For everyone except for Cory.