Nico Solace part 4

Nico felt weird as he looked around the apartment. So much has changed in the past few weeks. He wasn't the same Nico. He was jumpy as he got near the road and he didn't ride his bike anymore.
Walking to work took forever and he didn't want to bother Will to drive him all the time.
"Hey." Will waved as he walked into the living room. His signing has gotten a lot better and Nico didn't have to slow down too much.
'How was work?' Nico asked. He was curled up in the love seat as he watched TV.
"Good." Will said and signed. "Want to go for a walk?"
'Sure.'
Nico turned off the TV and went to put his shoes on. Walking with Will always made him feel better.
As they walked Nico couldn't help but notice how fast the cars were going. Or which one was the one that hit him.
Will noticed his pain look and squeezed his hand. He didn't know what to do about Nico. When a car drove by, he jumped. He wasn't as independent as before. And he couldn't figure out what to do to help.
They got to a park and sat on a bench.
'What can I do to help you?' Will signed.
'I don't know.' Nico replied.
'Do you want me to drive you to work? Or fix your bike for you?' Will asked, knowing that Nico was walking to work everyday.
'No! I can get to work by myself.' Nico was getting defensive about getting help from his boyfriend. Of course he would love to not walk over an hour to work everyday.
'You can't keep walking. What if it starts raining?' He asked. 'Or when it starts getting getting cold, how are you going to get to work?'
'I'll figure it out.'
'Nico. Let me help you out, please. You have no way of getting to work besides walking. And it probably takes you forever to get to work.'
'I don't need help! I can figure it out on my own.' Nico stood up, frustrated.
Will got up and took his hand, trying to get him to stay before he walked off. He let go so he could sign.
'It's okay to ask for help. I don't mind helping you.' Will told him.
'I can do things by myself. I have been my whole life.' Nico told him. 'I don't take handouts.'
'It's not a handout. I want to help.'
'I don't want your help.' Nico walked away, trying to get himself away from Will before he did something irrational.
Will ran to Nico and touched his shoulder. 'Nico.'
'I'll see you at home.'
But Will didn't see Nico for hours. He tried calling him, knowing that his phone would vibrate like crazy, as long as he didn't silence it.
"Nico, where the hell are you?" Will mumbled as Nico didn't respond to him again.
It was three in the morning. Nico was passed out in the park, wasted.