Chapter 15

A/N Here it is! Read on, my lovelies! I also recommend listening to I Was Made for Loving You by Tori Kelly feat. Ed Sheeran. It fits the chapter :3

Chapter 15
Bitter Farewells, and Dinner Nights

Rosemary felt tears brimmed the lower parts of her hazel eyes, as she cried bitterly over Jacob.

They have reached the top of steps, as Jacob stands and gazes into the rain. Queenie reached out and grabs his coat, willing him not to move.

Jacob turns to Queenie. "Hey. Hey this is for the best." He whispered, as he tried so hard to comfort them. Rosemary couldn't fight back the tears.

"Yeah - I was - I was never even supposed to be here." Queenie gazes up at him, her face filled with distress. Tina had a forlorn gaze in her eyes, and Newt looked incredibly sad. Rosemary bit her lip, in depression.

"I was never supposed to know any of this. Everybody knows Newt only kept me around because - hey - Newt, why did you keep me around?"

A pause, before Newt spoke. "Because I like you. Because you're my friend and I'll never forget how you helped me."

Rosemary nodded in agreement. "You're one of us, now." She said, as bitter tears slid down her pale cheeks, and her hair was like a bird's nest.

Jacob is overcome with emotion by what Newt told him. "Oh!" He said, as Queenie moved forward up the stairs and towards Jacob, as they stand close.

"Please, Jacob. I'll come with you. We'll go somewhere - we'll go anywhere - see I ain't never gonna find anyone like -" Queenie tried to cheer him up, but Jacob interrupted.

"There's loads like me." He spoke, with bravery in his voice. Rosemary knew it was hard to let go of the woman you love, same goes with Rosemary.

"No... No... There's only one like you."

The silence was mixed with pain, and Rosemary couldn't hear it. She enjoyed Jacob's company while it lasted. She enjoyed his sudden giggles that cheered her up, and the small talks he gave.

There was a pause, silence falling over them quietly, as they let themselves taste the bitterness in the air.

"I... I gotta go." Jacob said, as he turns to face the Obliviating rain. Rosemary couldn't help the tears any longer.

"JACOB!" Newt shouted, as he started after him, but Jacob tried to give Newt an earnest smile.

"It's okay... It's okay... It's okay. It's just like waking up, right?" Jacob tried.

The group smiles at him, as they tried to soothe the situation. Rosemary also gave a smile, to cheer up the mood.

"Yeah.. It'll be." Rosemary whispered, as Jacob turned to her, and smiled. He leaned closer to her and whispered something to her ear.

"Take care of Newt, for me, okay?" was what he said, before he pulled away. Rosemary nodded in sadness, as she flashed a forlorn smile at Jacob.

Jacob looks at their faces, as he slowly moves backward and into the rain. He then allows the water to wash over him completely, and Obliviate him.