Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Unexpected Arrest

Newt held Rosemary close to him, as they walked around the suitcase's secret world. Rosemary still gawked in awe whenever she saw this.

Newt had a truly different feeling towards this girl. She wasn't like the Aurors of the MACUSA: series, headstrong, and straightforward.

Rosemary was just like him, an explorer who yearned to visit the places she has yet to visit.

Rosemary smiled when she thought about Newt, even if she knew there was an Alexander there waiting for her. She loved Newt Scamander, maybe even more than she loved Alexander.

Newt let her sit down on a chair, and Rosemary immediately took a seat. Newt rolled his sleeves up, as he put away his blue coat.

Rosemary's gaze followed him in his every move. "What now, Newt?" She asked, she couldn't fathom why Newt brought her to this place.

"Last time I checked, I think I needed a private talk with you." He held two cups of steaming hot tea. "Want some tea?" He offered. Rosemary shook her head. "No thanks." She replied, as he inched closer to Rosemary.

"Rosemary..., if I may just ask..., how close were you with Leta?" He asked her, when Rosemary felt her insides turn cold.

"I.. I don't know. I told you.., it's like I have amnesia about my Hogwarts days, okay?" Rosemary reasoned with Newt, but he held her hand, and cupped her cheeks. "Try to remember."

Rosemary breathed in the scent of the odd Hufflepuff boy as she closed her eyes, and tried to remember.

She could faintly hear Leta's voice, calling out to her in the darkness. "Leta." Rosemary murmured.

She could feel Newt staring intently at her, and she tried to focus even more. Rosemary was trying hard, and it hurt.

Then her head began to pound, as Rosemary let out a scream that clawed at her throat. Newt stumbled back and hushed Rosemary.

She let out another skull-piercing scream, and this time, Rosemary felt tears swell behind her hazel eyes, as Newt hugged her to him.

"Sh, sh, shh.. Rosemary.. It's okay, it's okay." He soothed her, as he wiped a tear from her face with his calloused fingers. Rosemary panted, and sobbed quietly. Newt gave her a kiss on the forehead. "It's okay.. Sh.."

"I'm.. I'm sorry, Newt. I just can't." Rosemary told him, her face like a quiet mouse. Newt didn't reply, instead he just pressed his lips to hers.

Then they heard a loud knock from overhead. Newt scrambled up, as Rosemary stood. Jacob ran to them. "What was that?" He asked in terror.

"One way to find out." Newt replied, as he walked up to the ladder leading up and back to the muggle world. He wore his blue coat before going upstairs.

Rosemary trailed in after him, and eventually realized her fatal mistake.

In front of Rosemary, was a huge crowd of wizards and witches alike. In the middle, stood President Seraphina Picquery, who had a stern and disgraced look on her face.

Rosemary's gaze was met by her father's, whose eyes had widened in huge disappointment and anger. She knew she was in trouble.