Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Father and Daughter

Rosemary raced to the rooftop, only to be welcomed by chaos from below. She covered her mouth in horror.

The city was disastrous, cars were burning, and No-Majs were screaming in terror. And all Rosemary was doing now was to watch.

There was a black mass - no wait, that's an Obscurus. "Jeez... Is that the Obscuria-thing?" Jacob asked.

Newt didn't reply, as his eyes registered the horrors of the city below. Rosemary immediately knew what he going to do.

"No-" She started, but Newt beat her too it, as he thrusted his case to her hands, and fished a journal from his coat's breast pocket.

"If I don't come back, look after my creatures." He told Rosemary, who had a face filled with panic. "No, Newt. I absolutely forbid you -"

He pulled her to him and their delicate lips kissed, as a spark tingled Rosemary's lip, and she delved in.

Newt slowly pulled away, as he handed the journal to her hand. "Everything you need to know is in there."

Rosemary stared at him. "No, Newt. Please." She pleaded him, her eyebrows furrowed in worry and anxiety.

But Newt was already staring off at the disastrous view of New York, and just Disapparated without another word.

"NEWT!" Rosemary and Tina shouted in unison, before looking at each other with disbelief. Rosemary acted first.

"You heard him. Take care of them." She said, as she raised her wand and pointed it at her petite form, and changing into her everyday wear.

"What?" Rosemary heard Tina say, but she ignored it, as she Disapparated.

"I'm coming, Newt."

•~•

Rosemary tumbled down, as her left arm was bumped against the stone wall with a large impact.

She moaned in pain, and cradled her arm to ease it. "Where are you?" She muttered to herself, as she hastily quickens her pace. "NEWT!!!!"

Rosemary found him, crouched behind a car. "NEWT!" She shouted, as he turned to look at her, his eyes wide. She ran to him quickly.

"Rosemary! You shouldn't be here. You'll get hurt!" He whispered to her softly, as he checked up on her. "What happened to your arm!"

Rosemary shook her head. "I'm fine, just a bruise. Now..." Her gaze fell at a man who looked familiar to her eyes, and that's when it hit her.

"Father? Is that Father?" She whispered in horror, as he went to the Obscurus and talked to it. "No.."

Newt cupped her cheek. "Rosemary.." He said, but she turned to him. "Save the boy, Newt. You and Tina. Go." She ordered him firmly, and went to her father to end this.

•~•

"Credence! Listen to me!" Graves attempted to talk to him, who was thrashing wildly, as hurt and anguish took over his emotions.