Chapter 10

Chapter 10
The Revelation

Newt entered the Macy's store, then Tina, Queenie, Jacob, and lastly Rosemary. She insisted on going last anyways, so she could think more.

A bag hovers in mid-air, as Rosemary watched it go. Her head filled in confusion and she turned to Newt, who was observing it with his blue eyes.

"A Demiguise. They're often invisible, which makes the fur be used to make Invisible Cloaks." He explained to he with a hushed voice. Rosemary nodded, with a faint ohh.

Newt approached it with a slowed pace. "They're fundamentally peaceful, but they can give a nasty nip if provoked." He whispered to them, as he followed and tailed behind it.

The Demiguise appeared into view. It was a silvery-haired creature, and it had big curious eyes. It looked like a monkey, to be honest.

Newt turned to Queenie and Jacob. "You two..., head that way." He ordered them softly, and they started to shift.

"And try very hard not to be predictable." Newt added quickly as Jacob and Queenie exchanged perplexed glances with each other.

Rosemary heard a roar in the distance. She whirled around to Newt and Tina. "Was that the Demiguise?" She asked Newt, who shook his head.

"No, I think it might be the reason that the Demiguise is here."

They followed the Demiguise quietly, the creature turned to look at Newt quizzically, before moving up to a set of side stairs. Newt smiled and moved.

•~•

Rosemary looks around the attic, it had boxes filled with china: teacups, kitchenware, and dinner services.

The Demiguise first looked around to check, before emptying the bag he was holding filled with the confectionary hidden inside it.

"Its sight operates on probability, so it can sometimes see the immediate future." Rosemary heard Newt say, as she gazed upon the cute creature.

Newt then creeped up behind the Demiguise. "What's it doing now?" Tina asked from behind, as Rosemary watched him.

"It's babysitting." Newt simply said, as he moved quietly. "This is my fault. I thought I had them all - but I must have miscounted." He said drearily, as he kneeled beside the Demiguise, who makes way for him, and Newt placed his suitcase down.

Rosemary's head filled with questions and confusion spread quickly in her head. "What is it -" She started to ask, but she didn't get to finish.

Tina looked up in horror, as Rosemary saw a large creature with scales that are in the shades of blue. It looked like a serpent.... Only bigger.

"It was babysitting that?" asked Tina.

The face of an Occamy came into view, as Rosemary ducked behind Newt, who had his left arm in a protective shield, and his wand out. This Occamy was huge, instead of the cute small guys that Rosemary saw back in the case.

"Occamies are choranaptyxic. So... They grow to fill - available space." Newt told them with a soft voice.

The Occamy seems to see Newt, and cranes its head towards him. Newt held a hand up, gently. "Mummy's here."