Epilogue

In my mind I can still see Kaliya dieing again and again. I see her, looking at me, staring at me. The thing which hurts me the most is when she mouthed that she loves me before she turned into ashes. It still haunts, hours and hours after she was killed by Vincent. I took care of Vincent. I killed him, how I killed him. Well, lets just say that I might have not been able to go in personally, but I could throw things in personally. I wasn’t the best at javelin at school for nothing either. Having to tell Edna, that broke me even more. They were sisters, they were so close. Edna cried and cried, she wouldn’t let go of me. I wanted to cry with her, but I couldn’t. I left her with her loving parents.

I just wish I could forget what I saw and how I feel.

When I saw her die I felt so hollow and shallow, I felt like, actually I couldn’t feel a thing. I try to over run the thoughts of her death by thinking of everything that made me fall in love with her. The way she used to laugh, it sounded like bells chiming. Her stubbornness, if she had her mind set on something she would not let anyone or thing change it. Even the way she talked to me and other people made me fall in love with her, she would talk so kindly and lovingly. She told the truth, even if it would hurt someone, she would tell them in the nicest way possible. Kaliya always had the time for people, animals, even to smell the roses. Her hair used to shine and shimmer as if she had glitter and diamonds strewn all through her hair. Her skin was so soft and smooth to touch, her body was to die for. And her lips, her lips were like a taste of heaven, they were as soft as silk and could drive me crazy for more of her. She never judged me, she listened and helped me out, I just can’t live without her. The smoon rose and set. I died so I could find her again, to hold her and tell her how much I loved her, I got to do that. Even though it was only for a short time, it was worth all the pain and time just to hear her voice again.

I sit here up in a tree, twisting our ring on my finger. I grabbed it after I killed Vincent, it was mine, ours. I kiss the ring, I look up into the early morning sky and see all the stars spread above me just like a canopy. She always loved the stars, she believed that all of us are made out of tiny tiny stars all tied together. I hope that she is among the stars dancing and shining about. That is what she did best, was shine and sparkle. I lower my eyes form the sky and look at the beautiful view of Paris. I wish that I could of taken her here, but it will never happen. Not now.

I hope that when the sun rises and burns me that I don’t have a soul or that I am made up of tiny stars, I want to just die. I want to never be able to think of feel again. I could not bear it. It would tear me up inside.

I watch the sun rise and all the stars vanish form the night sky. I watch my skin as flames dance upon them spreading all over me, licking my skin with its fiery touch. I shut my eyes and picture her, Kaliya, my love, my life. I picture her smiling at me, telling me that she loves me. I hold that thought till I can’t think no more.