The incident

Authors note: Hey guys, this is my first story I have written and let others see. I am open to any feedback, (nothing too nasty though please). I am curious to see if you guys like, love or hate this. I realise that my chapters are not very long but I will update more frequently to make up for it. Much appreciated. The pic on the side is one of Vincent.

Jazz xx

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Ooo, I like that one. Can I have him?” I ask Daddy pointing at a really cute guy, he has black hair which has been gelled into spikes, I can smell his gel, (it smells like sandalwood and coconut), he looks to be quite built under his denim jacket, about average height and he has blue eyes with a grey foggy tint to it. Like I said cute, I can’t wait to sink my teeth in him. Literally. I scan the area to make sure we are alone.

“Good pick sweetie. Now what are you going to do? How are you going to get him to come to you?” Daddy asks me looking at me intensely waiting for my decision.

I look at my surroundings. Every where around me are trees, but on my right there is a large water fountain and to my left, behind the guy, is a bench. Great not much to work with. Ooh, light bulb flicking on!

“I got it Daddy! I’ll play the damsel in distress card. What do you think?” I say eyeing off the guy.

“Nice idea I like it. But is he the kind of guy that would help a damsel? Or will he just walk away and not notice?” Daddy asks me. Good thought, maybe he will, maybe he won’t. Daddy looks at me while I weight up the chances. Well, if he does not help me I will just have to bite the person who does. Oh well, guess I will take on the chances.

“Daddy. I will go for it, see if he helps me out or not. Love ya bye.” I say before I give Daddy a quick peck on the cheek then quickly reapply my lippy and give my hair a shake.

“Here goes nothing.” I say as I snap off my left heel. I break away from the trees and start running while looking back like something is chasing me.

“Help!” I yell as I run, well hobble due to being one heel down. I run towards the guy, still frantically looking behind me and asking for help. When I get closer to him I ‘trip’ over a root and fall down.Face first, ouch that is gonna hurt for a second or less. Pain all gone.

“Whoa easy there. Let me help you up.” He says and pulls me up from behind.

“Now what made such a pretty gal like you run like the wind back there?” he says in an Australian accent.

“Oh, I saw something big and nasty. I just ran from it and I heard foot steps following me. Oh god thank you so much!” I give him a hug and don't let go.

“Oh, well thanks lady. But don’t get into a fuss over little old me. However, I am pretty sure that vampires, like you, are the thing that scares people and try to pray on good willed boys. But I am sorry Miss Vamp, truly sorry to disappoint ya. But I am not going to let you get to my neck or pierce my jugular. Not today sweet heart.” He is talking like we are age old friends. It send chills right down to my spine. He kisses me on the lips briefly and lets me go. I fall to the floor hard, I am stunned. How can a human know about me, us?   

“Who or what are you?” I stutter looking up him dumbly. My brain, smarter than human brain, can not understand how he would know about us.

“Oh, how rude of me. I am Vincent Miller.” He says and offers me his hand. I back away and get up by myself.  Keeping an eye on him, I brush off the dirt and leaves off my dress.

“Well, I have heard about you and your sire, Daddy I believe and well, I guess that must tell you that. Well, that your ‘Daddy’ killed my Mummy and Daddy.” He says, I gasp in shock.

“That can’t be right. D. D. Daddy doesn’t kill people.” I stutter, “He drinks just enough for them so they can go home. He also alter their minds so they don’t remember.” I get out through my stutters. Vincent lets out a cheerful laugh which is obviously fake.

“You see the only way to get to your precious Daddy back is to harm you, the thing he treasures the most.” He says smiling at me, I watch as he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a wooden stake. I take a step back.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you. I could snap your neck in a second.” I snarl out, I give him a smile and show him my sharp, pointy and white fangs. Vincent gasps in mock horror.

“I think not love.” He says and spins the stake around in his hand. He is so calm and cool. Hades! This guy creeps me out so much. He lunges forwards and closes the gap between us and strikes at me and lodges the stake in my heart.  My world stops for what seems like a century. I gasp and frantically grab at the stake and pull it out and drop it on the floor. Blood seeps through onto my dress, I watch my skin through the hole in my dress. I am amazed as I see my skin and cells heal themselves self. You can’t tell that I just got staked in the heart. Vincent takes a step back,

“How? What? How can you? Are you a witch too? How can you still be alive?” he asks me stepping back in horror. His face has gone pale as a ghost. He quickly composes that sick psycho look back on his face. I watch he picks up the stake and wipes it on his shirt. Smearing my blood on him as he does it. I look at him disgusted. I hold my hand up and look at the ring Daddy gave me. Huh, I guess it does work.

Then I see movement behind Vincent. Daddy is behind him, about a step away. Vincent turns around and looks in the same direction as me. He sees Daddy and drives the stake into his heart, so quick for a mere human. I watch Daddy fall to the floor. I become frozen by so many emotions: grief, sadness, confusion, anger and especially rage. Vincent lets out a laugh and walks up to me.

“Hey love, nice meeting ya. See ya around I guess.” He says to me. I unfreeze and grab Vincent’s arm and violently pull him towards me. I feel his muscles tense under his jacket when I touch him.

“You Bastard! Why did you kill him?! I. Will. Kill. You!” I yell in rage. I feel strength and adrenaline running through my body. I lunge for his throat; I tare at his neck and hit the jugular, in one go. I drink, not only out of thirst but out of rage. I do not taste his blood in my mouth; I just feel it coursing around my veins all through my body.

I feel him resist and try to pull away. I hear twigs snapping and foot steps coming our way. I let go of him and he drops to the floor with a thud, clutching his neck groaning. I can see blood still flowing freely from his neck, it reminds me of a water fall, the ones you see on walls. I watch it flow for a couple of seconds.

“We will have to do this again. ‘My love’.” I spit at him. I lick the blood off my lips and reach down to take off my heels. I glance at Vincent and see him laying on the floor, still clutching his neck. I shift past him and swoop Daddy’s body up into my arms and run away. If vampires could cry I would be crying a river bigger than the Nile right now.

I keep on running as fast as I can till I get to the car. I place Daddy’s body in the back seat and jump in next to him as we speed all the way home. I reach into my pocket as soon as I pull in the drive way and pull out my mobile, to call Edna.