When things go bump in the night

“Edna, Edna. Wake up.” I say and shake her sleeping form. “Edna, come on I need my Wicca Chicka.” She stirs, she looks at me sleepily and pulls the covers over her face.

“Edna, I need your help.” I say and pull the covers down off her face.

“Cherie? What time is it?” Edna whispers, she looks over at the clock and groans.

“What is it? You look worried.” She sits up and gives me a hug.

“Well, can I ask you for two favours?”

“Yeah, sure thing. Shoot.”

“Well, you see the thing is that. Well. My I guess you can say, lover and maybe boyfriend, is down stairs and he can’t come in. Can you invite him in?”

Edna smiles and makes kissing noises,

“So you and Zach hit it off huh?” she says and throws off the covers and walks to the door. “I knew you two would.”

“Umm, not exactly. Zach is dead, gone. He got staked. But guess who found me.” I say as I followed her. She flies down the stairs,

“Who is he?” she asks and opens the door and shuts it again. “James!” she yells, I cover her mouth with my hand.

“Yes, James. Yes, he is a vampire. Please let him in. Edna, please. He will not bite you or your parents.” She nods, I let go.

“James. Wasn’t he your old, old, old boyfriend, the one that gave you that gorgeous ring?”

“Yeah. Now, can you let him in? Then I’ll tell you why I need your magical help.”

“Kay.” She says and opens the door. “I invite you in James.” To me she says, “We will talk later.” I just smile and take James’s hand and walk upstairs.

“Okay. So spill.” Edna says and shuts her door, she runs and jumps on her bed next to me and James sits on her desk chair. I look over at James and smile, Edna shakes her head, “No. not about you two. Well, not now. But why you came a knocking so late at night. Well I know about the night part.” I take in a big breathe and tell her the whole story, she just sits there and listens, pulling a few faces here and there.

“And the worst part about this whole thing is that on the inside of the ring it said Made in China, I feel so stupid.” I say and chuck her the fake ring to her. She inspects it, then puts it down.

“Oh, honey. Are you okay now?” she asks and hugs me. I hug her back,

“Yeah, it has been hard. I lost so many things and I haven’t gotten them back, I feel so hollow and empty.” I look across at James, “Oh, I love you. But I still feel really upset, I lost your ring and Daddy’s. You know what I mean? I feel much much better with you and Edna with me. You know?” I say, James nods his head,

“I understand. Don’t worry.” He says softly.

“Okay. My Vamperella, where do I come in? Cause I think you got the support thing in control.” She says and nods to James.

“Well, I don’t know how comfortable you would be doing this. But could you perhaps, use your powers to, like, call the ring forth, or summon it. Something like that. Can you do it?” I ask Edna watching her reactions the whole time. She looks very calm, she is even smiling.

“Oh, honey. I could do that stuff before I could walk.” She says with the wave of her hand. I jokingly wipe sweat off my forehead. She slaps my hand, we both laugh.

“Let me get my candles and stuff.” She says and head to her Wicca draws,

“Oh no.” she whispers, both James and I are at her side in a millisecond.