"You wish to know what this is. Don't you?"

I nod. She places her fingertips daintily on her forehead and suddenly, I am back where it all began. The reason I am like this. The night of the dare. I see myself slowly walking up to the rickety shack that Kokana resided in. But then, the walls to the house become transparent, and I can see Kokana as Old Woman Koko whispering arcane, mystic words over what I assume is a cauldron. So this is what she was doing! But what is it, exactly?

"My sister has been searching for a way to release me from the spirit realm that I had so ludicrously cast myself into years before. That morning, she had finally found it in the Library of Azandriel, meticulously hidden from prying eyes. Somehow, she found a way to find it and she spent the whole day performing the ritual. At this exact moment, she was finally going to release me. We were going to see each other for the first time in 6 years. Until..."

I saw a flash of light shine from the cauldron and the ghostly figure of Bedilia emerges from the glowing beams darting around the room. As she started gaining her physical form, I watched myself reach for the doorbell. I scream at myself not to do it, to not disturb them. But I am powerless. I can't stop what has already happened.

The doorbell rings and I watch my former self dart into the bushes. I think of how naive I was to believe that those bushes would conceal me from a witch. I watch Bedilia's new form start to melt onto the floorboards, her terrified face slowly melting into a mass of glowing blue goo. It's too horrific to watch so I close my eyes.

"With your interruption, Kokana's concentration was broken and the spell started to fail," Bedilia continued, stone cold against the horror show unfolding before her. Why should she feel anything, she was the one that had to go through it. I guess after something like that, she would have hardened her heart.

"She was powerless to save me and bring me back to my physical form. So, she tearfully said a final goodbye and stormed to the front door. I knew she was going to punish whoever had interrupted the spell, and I knew the repercussions."

I watch as Kokana casts the spell she cursed me with years ago on my former self, totally oblivious to what was happening inside. I could see Bedilia rapidly solidify once again. But, once she was back to the form I met her in, a crystallized substance starts forming around her. She screams in pure terror as the crystal continues its encompassment. Kokana, it appears, cannot hear her sister's pleas to stop the spell. As the curse is complete, so is the crystals work, cutting off Bedilia's screams. Then it fades out until she is gone.

The scene fades and I can feel tears running down my cheeks. I didn't know I was crying during that. I wipe my eyes and see Bedilia remove her fingers from her head and open her eyes to look at me with tears of her own starting to form. "I'm so sorry. All of this happened because of me."

She shakes her head. "You were dared to do something. I understand what peer pressure does to you. I experienced it myself. No, the whole reason you are the way you are, the reason I am the way I am, is because of my sister's reckless use of magic. If I was fated to stay in the spirit realm...to die...then that would have been fine. But with the spell she cast on you, she somehow transferred my soul to this dimension."

"Yeah...where is this exactly," I ask, trying to wrap my brain around all of this.

"We're in the Dream Dimension. Where dreams are born, where they take place, and eventually where they die. In here, my death is only prolonged. Over the course of the curse, I have been trapped here, slowly dying; trying to stave off the inevitable is impossible, but the madness can be dealt with."

"Madness?"

"If a sorceress is unable to use her magic, it builds up inside of her and she starts to go crazy. Hallucinations are the first stage, then dementia, then true madness. There would be nothing left of me right now if I hadn't been able to project myself into others dreams."

Bedilia turns away from me and folds her arms together, but not in an angry manner. More like in a defensive way. She has been through so much in such a short time period. Resurrecting, dying, then resurrecting again only to be in a prolonged state of perishing all in one night. Then if that wasn't enough, she's been in this crystallized prison for three years, the length of the curse. "Hey, I'm sorry about all of this," I say as I raise my hand to the wall.

As soon as my hand touches the pink crystal barrier, the burning sensation engulfs my hand once again. Only this time, it is 10 times worse this time. The shock mixed in with the pain forces a shriek out of my lips. Bedilia quickly spins around, eyes widened with fear. She floats as close as she can to the wall without touching it.

"What happened?!"

I show her my hand. The burning has subsided and I am left with a hand that looks as if space itself was attached to my skin. A shimmering white outline is the only way I can tell my hand from the space scape. Bedilia's eyes go wide with panic. She looks at me with utmost seriousness.

"When is your birthday?"

I think to what day it was earlier when I last checked my phone. Today was August 14. "My birthday is August 30, which I think is two weeks from now? Why is that so important?" Her face morphs into a horrified expression, one that sends my heart plummeting down into my stomach.

"The time for a curse to be permanent with no means of a cure is three years time. You were cursed on your birthday 2 years ago, now almost three. Once the sun sets on that day, you will be hidden from everyone...including your soul mate. Forever cursed to walk the earth as a living phantom."

I feel like throwing up. My life as I know it will be over. Meaningless, without purpose, I would wander around without anyone acknowledging that I am suffering. What kind of sick magic is this?! My thoughts drift to the prison Bedilia is trapped in, the way it burned me just now. What will happen to her? "What about you? What will happen to you?!"

Her face creases up as tears start to roll down her cheeks. "The crystal, now that it grows hot to the touch, will start to shrink and close in on me...I am going to die here."

A/N: Okay, sorry this took so long you guys. I also have a tag book coming out in a few minutes after this uploads, so check that out if you want to know more about me.

Keep it stealthy, mah ninjas!