Chapter 10

Your P.O.V

I'm in the middle of eating my Fruit Loops when I hear Jack bounding into the kitchen. He skids in front of me and stops, eyes wide and a little out of breath. "Jack? Is everything all right?" He breathes out heavily and runs his fingers through his hair furiously.Something has him frazzled, and I want to know what it is.

"Well, no.....not exactly. As it turns out, my friend planned a surprise trip to make me feel better about something that happened recently. The thing is, he told me he'll be here in 4 hours."

Four hours? That doesn't give us much time to clean. But how will Jack act around his friend and around me when he's the only one who can see me? "Does that mean you won't talk to me the whole time your friend will be here?" He looks at me softly and takes my hand.

"No, of course not, Gecko. He'll understand if I talk to you. I...kinda told him about the whole curse thing, anyway. So it'll be o.k."

"Well...as long as I don't make you look insane," I say as I smile. I turn around and gather my bowl of cereal and proceed to pour out the milk when I think I hear Jack mumble something. I turn around and look at him quizzically. He notices me and waves his hand.

"It's nothin' don't worry about it."

"Okay then," I say and continue to rinse my bowl. "You already make me insane." That's what I heard, I know it. But why would he say that? Is he getting frustrated with me? Is my presence and problem that I have unnerving for him? I hope not, I don't want to cause him any discomfort. I try to think of something else to distract myself. "Oh,"I say, getting his attention, "by the way, who's the friend that's coming to stay with us?"

He smiles at me slyly. "Oh, yeah. You wouldn't happen to know who Markiplier is, do you?"

The fangirl in me just exploded. "What?! Markiplier?! The Markiplier! He's coming here?! We gotta hurry up and clean this place, stat!"

I rush toward the closet to get cleaning supplies as Jack's laughter follows me. I don't care if he thinks it's funny or not, I am determined to make this place spotless. I get out the sprayer and some clean rags to do the windows later. First, I need to take care of the junk in the living room and the dining room. This is going to take a while.

(time skip of Lucky Charms)

I collapse onto the couch and groan. I can't believe how long that took. It feels like it took forever! There was so much junk everywhere. I guess when you've lived by yourself for so long, there's no need to impress anyone. If I was living by myself, that's probably what I would do also. Jack plops down next to me and groans as well. He was setting up another room for Mark to stay in. It was a little small, so I decided to use that room and Mark could have mine for the time being. It took a while to convince Jack, but he eventually agreed.

"That. Took. So. LONG,"I grumble. Jack chuckles tiredly.

"Yeah, now I'm completely exhausted."

I hum in agreement. I glance at him and see that his eyes are closed. Maybe...I decide to go for it. Slowly, I inch closer to him. I lean in and place my head on his shoulder. There's no reaction at first, then he turns to me and lifts me into his lap. My eyes widen as he does this.I start to move out of his grasp, but he holds me closer to him. I relax into his hold and close my eyes as well. He starts singing softly while rubbing my back.

"That's a pretty song,"I say sleepily. He hums in agreement and continues to hold onto me.

"Since I met you, that song always reminds me of you and your smile."

I look at him through half lidded eyes and see him staring back at me,smiling lovingly at me. My breath quickens as he puts his hand on my cheek and runs his thumb along my cheekbone. He stares at me with increasing intensity. I feel the butterflies slowly returning, and I can tell he feels it too. "Jack," I whisper as he draws my face towards his.

"(Y/n),"he whispers back. We get closer and closer, my eyes closing fully and Jack closing his. Our lips are ready, just inches from each other.This is it, only a few more-

*Knock Knock*

We pull away quickly and look at each other. Longing etched in Jack's face, and mine probably. We wait a few seconds, then Jack gets up with a sigh to go answer the door. I sigh as well and sink into the couch, wanting it to swallow me whole. I use my hands to cover my red face in embarrassment. He was about to kiss me! He really was about to kiss me! I wasn't even thinking about the curse, either...I just wanted him to kiss me. I want to feel loved again.

 I hear Jack greet Mark and welcome him inside. I push my feelings aside and get up off the couch, eager to see Mark. He was one of the people I watched for years on YouTube, along with Jack. I rush over to the front of the house and hid behind a wall. Peeking around the corner,I see Jack and Mark hugging each other. Hee hee, Septiplier confirmed. "I ship it," I say quietly, so Jack can hear. But, instead of just Jack turning to look at me, Mark does as well. He stares right at me. Then he turns to look at Jack, looking at him sternly.

"Jack, why did you lie to me?"

Jack looks taken aback. "Mark, I didn't lie to ye, what are you talking about?"

"You said she's invisible, and that only you could see her," he says. My heart skips a beat.

"Mark...what do you mean," Jack asks cautiously.

Mark walks towards me until he is standing right in front of me, staring right into my eyes. "So if she's invisible, then how come I can see her?"