Chapter 9

Your P.O.V

It's been about two weeks since Jack has agreed to let me stay here. My feelings for him have grown extremely and I don't know how much longer I can go without telling him how I feel. I look at myself in the mirror, scolding myself. All you have to do is tell him how you feel! Just, DO IT! My mind may be urging me on, but my heart is telling me to wait. He might feel the same way. I want him to tell me first, or else it would be too awkward if he feels differently.

Jack's P.O.V

"My God, man, just tell her! It's not the end of the world!!!"

Here we are again, with over-the-phone life lessons from Mark. "Mark, I told you, it's not that simple! If you only knew what was really going on, you would be giving me different advice."

"Then explain it to me, O Keeper of Secrets."

So I do. I tell him everything that Gecko told me about the curse; from how it happened to how to fix it. After the whole spiel, he doesn't say a word. Then after about 20 seconds, he finally speaks up.

"You're not shitting me, are you?"

"No Mark. This is real. I have no fuckin' clue on how to go about this."

"All you have to do is tell her. It may be very different in some ways, but the outcome will be the same. You need to let go of Signe, Jack. That's what's holding you back."

I sigh. I know he's right, even if I don't want him to be. Signe broke up with me, I can live with it. It's time to move on. "You're right Mark. I need to forget about what happened and keep moving foreward."

"I'm proud of you buddy. And I'll be able to tell you that in person soon."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it was going to be a surprise, buuuuuut...I'm coming to Ireland! To stay with you!"

He can't be serious! This is either going to make things much better or really awkward. "Well, I guess I'm ready for you as I'll ever be. When do you think you'll be here?"

"Ummmm...about 4 hours? Maybe?"

"Mark, you tell me yer stayin' with me when yer 4 hours away?! Ya didn't give me any time ta prepare! Now Gecko's goin' ta be nervous too, what the fuck Mark!"

"Surprise?"

"I hate you so much right now."

"You know, your Irish really comes out when you're angry."

"Expect to get yer ass kicked when you get here."

"Okay.....But you'll still pick me up from the airport, right?"

 (siiiiiiiiiigh) "Yeah."