Chapter 5

Jack's P.O.V

Sammi led me to Gecko's old room. It looked relatively empty except for a bed and a couple of boxes. It looks like she already packed up Gecko's things. Maybe she knew she would come back and get her stuff. Sammi placed a few boxes in my arms and got a few herself. We take the boxes out to the car and put them in the back seat, making sure they were in there securely before closing the door. I thank her and get into the driver's seat when she places her hand on mine.

"Take care of her, please? I really didn't want her to leave this way. Tell her that I'm sorry."

A few tears ran down her cheeks, and I can tell that she means it. "I will," I say, reassuring any doubts in her mind. She smiles at me and walks back into her house. I roll up the window and drive on down the road. Thinking of all that Sammi told me makes me a little worried. If she wasn't lying, which I highly doubt that she was, wouldn't it mean that I'm (y/n)'s true love? And that I'm supposed to kiss her? The thought of kissing (y/n) warms me up a bit and sends a shiver through me.

I can't deny it anymore. I am starting to feel things for her. After a while, I finally pull into my own driveway and exit the car. I open the door and see Gecko sitting on the couch staring at her phone. Her face looked extremely sad. She might be thinking about Sammi. I need to tell her what Sammi told me. "Hey."

Your P.O.V

I look up from my phone and see Jack giving me a half grin. He's holding a few boxes in his hands. "Hi," I say back. "Welcome back."

"I got your stuff, if you want to check if it's all there..."

He lifts it up slightly, smiling at me. I smile and walk over to him. I take the boxes from him and bring them over to the couch, setting them in front of me as I sit on the floor. They are all labeled so I know where everything is. I sigh happily as I pull out my headphones from the first box. Jack sits down next to me and chuckles.

"You wanted your headphones the most, huh?"

"Oh yeah, I would be lost without them! So, umm...what did Sammi say? Was she indifferent when you saw her."

Jack looked at me and frowned. "Yeah, at first. She acted like she was trying to forget about you altogether. I...got a little mad and...might have yelled in her face. But she really does feel bad about the whole kicking you out thing. She said some things that I think we need to talk about."

I freeze. What could Sammi have said that made Jack want to discuss something with me. "Oh? Like what?"

"Like how you never told me that I'm the one who's supposed to break the curse. Specifically, by kissing you."

I blush a little. "I was going to tell you..."

"Oh really." He sounds frustrated. "And when were you going to tell me that little detail?"

"When I was ready to. I just didn't want things to be awkward between us." He let out a scoff.

"It would have been awkward either way. I mean, we just met and now I'm supposed to kiss you. Isn't that just a little bit crazy?"

"You don't have to kiss me right away! At all, even. I just...I just need someone to talk to." Jack's gaze softens and he rubs his neck.

"I'm sorry for blowin' up like that. It's been one hell of a day, y'know?"

"You're telling me." We sit there for a moment until he slaps his knees.

"Welp, we can't have this awkwardness between us if you're going to live here. You wanna do something together?"

Wait, what did he just say? "Live...together? Me live with you?" He smiles and picks up my boxes, cradling them in his arms.

"Well, I figured that since you said that you have nowhere else to go, and that I'm the only one who can see you, the best choice to make would be to stay with me," he explained happily.

He started to walk down the hallway towards the back, still carrying my boxes. "Wait a minute!" I go after him. Which room did he go in? "I can't let you do that! I would be imposing on you!"

"Nonsense! I can't let someone go on their way if they need a place to stay. And I wouldn't mind the company either. Somethin' tells me you wouldn't mind it either."

I find out where he is and burst into the room. Jack sets the boxes down on a bed. The room we're in is empty except for a bed, a closet, and a desk. It looks like a guest bedroom. Jack looks at me expectantly.

"What do you think?"

"Thanks Jack," I say, my voice cracking a little. "This is really nice of you." I run over to him and give him a big hug. I feel him tense up a bit, but he hugs me back even tighter. We stay like that for a few moments until I realize something. "Jack?"

"Mhmm," he mumbles.

"I don't have any clothes. I always borrowed Sammi's."

"Crap."