Chapter 8

(f/c)= favorite cartoon

Your P.O.V

I can't believe that happened. Oh man, I feel so embarrassed right now! I really needed those underclothes, but maybe I should have warned Jack first. Well, at least he handled it as best as he could under the circumstances. The drive home was a bit awkward, but now that we're back in the house things have returned to normal.

Jack said he had to record, so I'm watching Steven Universe right now. I know, but I really find it entertaining. And it's getting intense! I try to laugh as quietly as possible so Jack doesn't get distracted by me. I know that if I do get loud enough, his microphone won't pick it up, but he will still be able to hear me.

I finish the episode and start the next one. He's been in there for a while, at least an hour or so. I wonder what game he's playing. The theme song starts to play and, out of habit, I sing along to it. I get to the very end of the theme song when I feel someone watching me. I turn around and see Jack looking at me with the cutest expression on his face. I quickly pause the episode and turn off the tv.

"H-Hey Jack...you finished already," I ask, trying to avoid the inevitable.

"You really watch that show?"

I sigh and place my face in my hands, covering up my embarrassment. He chuckles and sits next to me, putting his arm around me.

"It's okay, Gecko. I still watch Adventure Time on occasion."

I pull my face out of my hands and turn my head to see him smiling at me goofily, trying to make me laugh. It works. "Haha, yeah. I like watching Steven Universe. It's my favorite kids show, right up there with (f/ct)."

He laughs and gets up, going into the hallway. What is he doing? I hear him shuffling around and he walks back into the room with his hands behind his back. "Jaaaaack? What do you have behind your baaaaack?" He grins mischievously.

"Ohhh nothin'."

I walk up to him and place my hands on his shoulders and stare him right in the eyes. "Jacksepticeye, what are you hiding from me?" He starts to waver and he finally sighs and lifts whatever he was hiding in front of me. It was a dvd of (f/c)! He actually owns one of these? This is awesome! "Cool! Can we watch it?!"

He chuckles. "You're adorable when you're excited! And yes we can, why else would I bring it out here!"

(time skip to near the end of the movie)

"I can't believe that you had this! That was epic!" I bounced up and down on the couch in hyper excitedness. Jack laughed at my behavior.

"I knew you would like it. It was getting pretty intense near the end," he speculated.

"Oh I know, right? I can't believe I haven't watched that part of the episode before." I keep bouncing until I feel Jack's hands on my hips, slowing me down until I stop bouncing completely. I feel myself blush and I turn to look at him. He is blushing to, but he is smiling at me. "J-Jack?...What are you d-doing?"

His eyes widen and he lets go of me, seeming a little shocked with himself. "O-Oh God, I-I am so sorry! I-I didn't mean to-"

"Jack," I interrupt him, laughing a little, "it's really okay! We're friends, right? Friends do that sometimes." He looks relieved at the excuse I gave him.

"Y-Yeah! Exactly! I just wanted you to stop bouncing, so I made you stop. Was that okay?"

"Yeah Jack, it was fine."

"Good. Hey, it's gettin' pretty late. We should probably get some shut eye. All that recordin' made me exhausted."

He finished his statement with a yawn to indicate how tired he was. I giggle. "Well, better mosey on down to your room mister. You gotta edit tomorrow." He smiles at me with a twinkle in his eye. "Jack...what are you thinking abou-"

I'm cut off by Jack picking me up and swinging me over his back like a sack of potatoes. I screech at the suddenness of it all and start hitting his back with the palms of my hands. "JACK! You better put me down this instant!"

"NEVER! If I have to go to bed, then it's only fair that you do as well!"

We laugh all the way down the hallway towards the room, me still hitting his back. He throws me onto the bed with a roar and I laugh as I bounce when I hit the mattress. I start bouncing on the bed even harder than I was on the couch.

"CALM DOWN YE SILLY GOOSE!"

"OKAY!" I immediately stop bouncing and go under the covers, hiding from Jack and trying to stifle my giggles. I hear him sigh and it gets harder to keep in the giggles.

"Now, where did she go? Oh well, this bed seems a good a place as any to sleep."

A weight collapses on top of me, pinning me to the bed. I let out a wheeze and try to push Jack off of me. "Jaaaaack, get off of meeeee!"

He chuckles and rolls off of me. I pull back the covers and smile at him. He gets off the bed and walks over to the door. He turns and looks back at me. "Goodnight Gecko," he says softly as he turns off the light.

"Goodnight, Jack."

Jack's P.O.V

I close her door and walk over to my room. Once I walk inside, I lean against my door and try to collect my thoughts. The reason I grabbed her hips wasn't because I wanted her to stop bouncing. I just wanted an excuse to hold her. Man, what's wrong with me! I'm such a freak!

I am starting to have feelings for her, there's no question about that. But is it because we were destined to be together? Do we even have a say in the matter? I just don't want to get my heart broken again. Oh Signe, why couldn't things have worked out between us? If I had only visited you more often, maybe... I sigh, too tired to even finish the thought. I change into my pj's and hop into bed, thoughts of what might have been floating through my mind.