Chapter 1

(y/n)= your name

Your P.O.V (present tense)

Walking around, I feel a bit more down than usual. I have been doing this for about 2 and a half years now. Sammi wants me to find my soul mate, but I really think she just wants me out of her house. I can't blame her. I have been the cause of three breakups because they think the house is haunted. Each of those guys was a terrible boyfriend anyway.

I stand still in the somewhat busy street, watching people walk through me and waiting for someone to notice my presence. Nobody ever has. And it looks like nobody will today. They all pass through me, none of them even passing a glance. The only good thing is that I can't get jostled around by anyone. The bad thing, though, is the stupid wind. It's very strong today. Everyone is either wearing a jacket with a hood, or a close fitting hat so the wind won't mess up their hair.

My hair blows freely in the whipping breeze. My hair is super long; since I haven't had anyone cut it in 3 years. How could I have, I'm invisible. Some girls out there would love to be invisible sometimes. But not all the time like I am. Imagine being able to see yourself in the mirror, but having no one else see you. Imagine never petting a sweet puppy again, or any other animal for that matter. It is enough to drive one crazy. Thank goodness I still have Sammi, or else I would be completely forgotten.

I give up on the street and decide to hang out at the nearby park. This place is so peaceful and tranquil that I just love to sit in the grass and think about happier things than my own existence. I walk to the park and am about to sit down on a bench, when my phone vibrates in my back pocket. I pull it out and look at the screen. I smile at my screensaver. It is a picture of Jacksepticeye smiling straight at me. Sometimes, I feel like he's the only one who can see me. Like that would ever happen.

I unlock my phone and check my texts. Of course it's Sammi, she's the only real human contact I have left. What I read next, shattered my heart into a million pieces.

Sammi: I can't let you live with me anymore. You've ruined too many relationships between me and the boys I liked. I have a new bae now and I don't want to lose him. He's really nice and sweet and funny. I'm sorry...but I can't have you ruining my life.

The anger in me flared and I lash out.

Me: Who ruined who's life again? I'm sorry, my invisible ears may not have caught that.

Sammi: Don't be like that, Geko! I just can't do this anymore!

Me: Don't use that nickname with me! Only true friends are allowed to use that name! And some true friend you turned out to be!

Sammi: Don't forget that I was your only friend, (y/n). Emphasis on "was". Goodbye.

And with that last text, I know our friendship is over. Just like that. I sit on the bench, numb at first. Then it hits me like a freight train. All the fun memories me and Sammi had made together make the feeling of loss worse. Tears start to form in my eyes. I still remember the time we went to Disney World and got sick after the first rollercoaster. The tears are now falling down my cheeks. The time when we ran away forever and ended up coming back home because we were bored of being fugitives. The tears are flowing freely down my cheeks.

I let out a heart wrenching cry, clutching my head with my hands. My body racked with sobs, I curl up into a ball, wishing that I was dead. It would be better than living like a ghost. My jeans are getting wet, but it's not like it mattered. No one would see them anyway. My crying worsened. Why me?! I'm only like this because of a stupid dare that went wrong! Now Sammi's gone. My only friend. I hold my knees against my chest, shutting my eyes tight, shutting out the world around me.

"Excuse me, miss?"

A soft voice permeates through my grief, and I look up sullenly, sure that whoever is speaking is not speaking to me. Probably some other girl. My breathe catches in my throat when I see two strikingly light blue eyes staring at me. Straight. At. Me. I would recognize that face anywhere. It's Jack. And Jack is staring right at me, his face etched with concern.

"Are you alright there, lass?"

I just stare up at him, dumbfounded. I try to gather myself and take in a shaky breath. I try to say something, but it only comes out as a whisper.

"Y-You....you can see me?"