10.

Nicholas's POV.

I pulled up in my drive way and went inside. I just dropped Chloe off and has been trying Isaacs number but its not going.

Feeling a little uneasy, I call four of my men and together we headed for Isaac's house. My heart was beating very fast and my hands were sweaty and shaking. "Hurry up", I say to the Person driving and soon we got there.

When I got out of the car, I immediately sensed something ominous. "Isaac", I called his name as I walked into the room but got no reply. He's TV was one so I just rolled my eyes and turned it off.

The rest of my men were searching around. "BOSS!", I heard a shout coming from one of my men and I traced it to the study. "W-hat", my voice got trapped in my throat and my heart crashed to my stomach as I stare at the scene before me.

"Issac!", I say and rush over to him. He was cold and his throat has been slit. I tried to warm him up with my hands and saw that he had also been shot four times. "Noooooo!", I shout and couldn't stop the tears that started streaming down my face. The others were crying too. "I want you guys to find out who did this and kill them", I say to my men and they complied. I was about to go when something caught my eyes. It was a white envelope. Out of curiosity, I opened it, scanned through the words and felt a surge of anger flow through me.

I walked out and got into the car, leaving my men stunned. "Find you way home, I got business to do", I say to them and drive with lightening speed to Chloe's house.

Chloe's POV.

I heard a knock on my door and checked the keyhole before opening it. "Nicholas, did you forget something?", I say to him and he just stares at me with a poker face. I noticed that his eyes were a bit puffy and red. "Have you been crying?", again he didn't answer, he just pushed his way through. I locked the door and turned to face him and he hands me a document. I scanned them and felt my self grow pale.

"N-Nicholas", I looked up from the papers and gasped. He was pointing a gun to my forehead and then he moved to my temples. "Who are you working for?", he asks gently and I shook my head. "I SAID WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!", he shouts it this time and I could stop the tears that stream down my face. "No one", I say to him and he push the gun deeper into my temples.

"Nicholas please", I say to him and could see his body visibly shaking from the corner of my eyes.

"My brother is dead Chloe and its all your fault. Because of you, I killed the wrong man and now Issac had to pay for my mistake. I should  pull the trigger now and end this but I can't because, I fell in love with you. But heed this warning Chloe, I'll make your life so miserable and difficult that you'll think of suicide. You've broken my heart and trust and now you'll pay for it tenfold. ", he says to me and then walked out. I sank to the ground and just cried. I'm in big trouble with the mafia now.

Nicholas's POV.

It hurts. It hurts. It hurts

My heart was burning and tears were steaming down my face.

The sound of Chloe crying tore through my heart like a sharp knife and it took all of my will power to ignore it. I drove to our gang meeting point and broke the news to them. I tried to tell them about Chloe but couldn't. I didn't know why but I was scared. These people are ruthless and would kill her in the blink of an eye and my mind, soul and heart rebelled at the thought of Chloe dying. "Avenge Issac", I shout to them all and then raised their guns, knives and hands in response.

Guilt tore through me as i looked at the men working and searching for leads. "I'm sorry Issac please understand", I say to the air concerning Chloe and a chill pass through me creating goosebumps on my arm and I smiled slightly knowing that my brother's  ghost was listening.

Vote.  Comment.  Share.   Thanks