28

( THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

      Elena sits in the bed, reading one of Chuck's books. She had decided that she wanted to catch up ever since she had lost her memory. She was intently reading when someone knocks heavily on her door. Leaving the book on the bed, she moves to the door and opens it to find the Manager on the door mat.

      "Elena, I'm sorry but this was your last chance to pay for the room." He says. "I'm afraid you'll have to vacate the premises."

      Elena smacks her forehead. "Oh god I'm so sorry! Do you think if I came up with the money tonight, I could stay longer?" She asks.

      "We've been lenient, but you haven't paid in over two weeks." He says as Elena sighs.

       "Alright, I'll start packing." Elena shuts the door and starts putting things in her small duffel bag. After grabbing her things, she heads to Zander's personal room. She knocks twice and he answers with an annoyed expression.

      "What are you doing here Elena?" He asks.

      "Look, I know you're mad..." She starts.

      Zander snorts. "Why should I be mad? Was it because a girl that I liked decided she doesn't want to date me because she might possibly like her ex boyfriend?" He asks.

       "Okay, I deserve that, but I really need some money to pay for the room." Elena says. "Please."

        "I'm sorry Elena." Zander says. "Maybe you should ask Dean." He slams the door in her face.

       Things have been even harder ever since she met the Winchesters...again. It was awkward enough that every time she'd come over, Dean would make an excuse to not be around her. Sam was nice enough, but after catching up with those books, she felt as if she couldn't be around him either.

       Elena picks up her phone and dials the one person she can trust. "Caroline? I need a favor." She says.

SUPERNATURAL

BUNKER
[ ☾]

        "What a jerk!" Caroline exclaims. She was helping Elena move back into the bunker after she found out what happened. "And he didn't even care to help?"

       Elena sighs. "Nope. And I mean, it's understandable. I did dump him." She says as she puts things in drawers.

       "Well that's only because you're still trying to figure everything out." Caroline says.

       "Everything, as in Dean and I, you mean."

       "Exactly what I meant." Caroline says. "Sam and I think it's a good idea that you two sit down and have a long, romantic talk."

       Elena shakes her head as they both sit on her bed. "So...how are you and Sam?" She asks.

       "Amazing. He's really sweet and thoughtful." Caroline says. "It's weird to even think that you guys—"

       "Broke up?" Elena finishes and grabs one of Chuck's books. "I know, I read all about it. Even the books that ended so abruptly."