16

( THE WORLD HAS
TURNED AND LEFT ME HERE )

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

         Elena still has the box open of Dean's belongings. She is reading out loud a letter she wrote to herself. "Dear me, if you're reading this then somebody spilled the beans about your selective memory loss. My mind is on Caroline." She says. "Yes, you loved Dean. You loved him with a passion that consumed you. And then when Dean died, the void you feeled was too deep, too dark." She recites. "Facing an eternity without your soulmate you went of the deep end. You turned into someone that you weren't. A monster. Alaric will restore your last memories - all you have to do is ask. But I hope that you don't. I tried it the other way and I didn't see an end to the pain. I want you to rediscover yourself in absence of who defined you. If you feel any hope for the future at all, then you're already better off. You've been given a chance to start over. I want you to take it. I want you to be happy."

SUPERNATURAL

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        "He's back?" Elena asks and Caroline nods. "How?"

       Caroline had showed up to Elena's room because she was the only one she could trust. She was just telling Elena that Dean was back to human. "I don't know, honestly everything Sam said after 'Dean's human' is kind of a blur." She says.

      "You know what, I'm going to call Alaric." Elena says as she dials his number. Of course she still remembered him, he being one of the people she knew before the Winchesters.

       "Elena. It's been a while." He says.

       "Dean was a demon and now he's human." Elena rambles. "I don't want to see him."

        Alaric sighs. "I get it, but that's how you feel now, Elena. If you thought there was even a chance you'd see Dean again you would have never asked me to compel away your memories of loving him." He says.

BUNKER MAIN ROOM
[ ☼ ]

       "I just need to see her, Sam." Dean says as he paced the room. "Our eyes will meet, fireworks will go off, and the balance of nature will be restored. She loves me!"

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        "He's a psychotic killer!" Elena yells. "I saw him kill a man with his bare hands."

       "You only feel that way because I erased all the good parts." Alaric says.

        "I don't see anything that could balance out the bad. Promise me you won't lift the compulsion." Elena says and Alaric sighs. "Promise me!"

       "I won't, Ok, not until you ask me to."

       "Thank you." Elena says.

       "But, Elena, I hope you ask me." He says.