9

( LET ME GO )

ROAD
[ ☾]

        Sam is driving down the road at night when suddenly his car dies. He pulls the car over to the side and gets out. He struggles to open the hood with only one arm. Another car pulls up behind him and Cole gets out and appoaches.

      "Hey. Need some help?" Cole asks.

      "Uh...Yeah. I-I think so. It just died on me." Sam says.

      "Out here?" Asks Cole.

     "Yeah."

      "Your ride really has it out for you, huh?" Cole asks.

      "I guess so."

      Cole motions at the hood. "Give you a hand with that?" He asks.

      "Yeah. Yeah, I'd appreciate it. Yeah. Thanks." Sam says.

      Cole lifts the hood. "Ah...These new cars and their computerized brains, huh? One zero out of place, and the whole thing just goes kaput. Well, right there. There's your problem." He says.

      "What the hell is that?" Sam asks.

      "Well, that's a kill switch. This here is the remote." Cole holds it up in his hand. Sam jumps to defend himself but his right arm is in a sling and he isn't fast enough to avoid Cole's knockout punch. "Guessing you're a righty."

BAR
[ ☾]

       Dean again is singing karaoke terribly and drinking heavily. The crowd erupts in shouts of anger.

      "Tone deaf! Awful!"

      "Enough!"

      "You all suck." Dean says. Security comes to remove him from the stage and Dean knocks him out.

BEDROOM
[ ☾]

       Dean wakes up in a bed still hammered and Elena is there to hand him a glass of water. "Drink, tough guy." She says.

      Dean pushes the glass away. "Nah, I'm good." He says.

      "Your funeral."

      "Mm." Dean says.

      "What?" She asks.

      "Let's go somewhere, you and me." Dean says.

      "We are somewhere." Elena sits down on the bed.

      "No. Somewhere else."

      "Sweetie... We barely know each other. And you're drunk." Elena says.

      "Yeah, but, uh... I-I protected your honor, didn't I?" Dean asks. "Remember, when I got rid of that guy for you?"

      "Yeah. I thought so, too. Seeing you take on that drunk, I was like, "wow"" no one's ever done that for me before." Elena says. "But then you kept going and going, and I realized whatever is going on with you has nothing to do with my "honor" at all.

       "Hm. You got all that from a bar fight? Wow. You're good." Dean says.

       "I used to be a mental patient. I waited tables at a roadhouse. I meet the bad guys. I meet the good guys." She says. "And maybe for a second there, I thought you were a good guy playing bad. I don't know. It doesn't matter. Maybe you're just—"