43

( BEING A WINCHESTER )

VOLKSWAGEN
[ ☾]

Sam, Elena, and Good Charlie are in her VW on the way to see if Clive Dillon is still alive. Sam's phone rings and he answers it. "Dean. Hey, hold on. I'm putting you on speaker. What happened?" He asks.

"It's over." Dean says.

"What do you mean, 'it's over'?" Elena asks.

"She got to Russell. She killed him." Dean says.

Charlie's eyes gather tears. "Oh, my God." She says.

"Charlie, if you can hear me, I'm so sorry." Dean says.

"It's not your fault. It's mine."

"No, no, no. don't—don't say that. This is not on you." Dean says.

"All right, let's, uh—let's try and stick to the plan, guys." Sam says.

"Did you guys find a way back to Oz?" Dean asks.

"Maybe. Uh, look, t-the Man of Letters who originally found the key—he's still alive." Sam says. "He lives in Junction City under the name Michael Carter. I'll text you the address. Just come meet us."

"All right. I'm on my way." Dean's at the bar staring at a shot as he hangs up the phone.

"Are you gonna stare at that all night?" The Bartender asks.

"I'm pacing myself." Dean says.

"She's cute." Dark Charlie appears behind him and takes a seat in the stool next to him.

"You lied to me." Dean says.

"You lied to yourself. That's kind of your move. Something's off about you, though, isn't it?" She asks. "It's always something with you boys."

"I've made mistakes. But I'll pay for mine. And you'll pay for yours."

"Come on, Dean." Charlie says. "I'm not the monster here. He was. He got what he deserved. You know I'm right. You know what I learned about being dark? It sets you free. And part of you knows that's right, too."

CLIVE DILLON'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

"Hello?" He asks at the door.

"Clive Dillon?" Charlie asks.

"No. My name is—"

"Michael Carter, right. But it was Clive Dillon, wasn't it?" Elena asks. "Back in the Men of Letters? Back in Oz?"

"You seem to be confused. There's no Clive Dillon here. And Oz?" Clive asks. "That's just a fairy tale. It's best left on the bookshelves where it belongs."

"So you've never seen this before?" Charlie holds out half of the Key to Oz."

BAR
[ ☾]

"Enjoy." The Bartender says as she places the drinks in front of Dean. She walks away.

Charlie watches her go. "Delicious." She says.

"All right, listen, Dark Charlie." Dean says.

"Oh, grow up. There's no right. There's no wrong. There's just us...And them." She says.

"Yeah, well, there's not gonna be a you for very much longer." Dean says.

"Uh-oh. Did princess me find a way back to Oz?" Charlie asks.