The Fallen One

Flowey's POV

I heard a loud thump at the entrance to the Underground.
~Another human? ~
I grinned and went to the place where I expected the human to be. It was a girl. To my surprise she was awake. She turned around and faced me. I closed my eyes, chuckled and started :
" Howdy! I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower!!". 
The girl came very close to me and kneeled down. I got a little nervous, but I stuck with my role:
"Y-you're new to the Underground, aren't ya?".
She softly smiled and kissed my forehead. I froze and stared into nothing, completely dumbfounded. I don't know for how long I stared, but it felt like an eternity. The girl stood back up and began her journey. I quickly snapped out of my trans and popped out of the ground before her.
" And just what do you think you're doing?". 
She kneeled down again, pet my head, then continued walking her way.
" I'm going to Toriel. You don't have to worry about anything Asriel".
I froze again. This time I couldn't believe her words.
~ How... Does she know us...?~
I have never seen her before, she is here for the first time. She hasn't been in any other timelines. I tried to stay calm about all of this, but my thoughts made it impossible.
~ Who is she? What does she know? ~
I went back underground and just thought about her. I tried to figure out what was going on.
" This is going to be one hell of a timeline! "
I said and laughed as new theories came into my mind.

Toriel's POV

The fallen child walked towards The Ruins. I decided that I would greet her. I stepped into view and sweetly greeted her:" Hello my child. What is a young human like yourself doing out here? And all alone? You could get hurt!".  She walked towards me and pulled me into a gentle hug. She spoke in a sweet, gentle voice. It sounded like a lullaby :
"Dear Toriel, mother, I will never leave you. I'll be safe as long as I'm with you. You can protect me." 
I noticed that I was crying. She slightly tightened the hug. I wrapped my hands around her, hugging her back. After a few minutes or so, I finally decided to break the, oh so comfortable, hug and the eery silence with it.
"  Come, my child. Let's go home. "
I gave the young girl a tour around my humble house in The Ruins. On our way there, when I tried to explain how the puzzles work, she solved them without my help. She didn't need my instructions, she knew everything. When she was done, she grabbed my hand and gave me a precious smile I will never forget. I'm curious though.
~How was she able to solve them so quickly? So easily? Maybe the humans have gotten smarter? I will have to upgrade the puzzles~
I baked us a butterscotch-cinnamon pie. After our humble dinner the girl went to clean the dishes, despite my constant worry and insist. Soon after that she went to her room. I checked the kitchen. Everything was clean, but then I noticed that something was off. One kitchen knife was missing. I looked through the drawers, checked through cabinets, but I simply couldn't find it.
~I'll check again tomorrow~.
I headed downstairs through the endless corridors that separate this place from the rest of the Underground. I sat down with my back facing the door.
" Hello again, my friend."

"*chuckles* Yo, what's up?"

I giggled slightly at his response
"*sighs* Another human fell down today."
"Oh really? Welp, last soul we need to collect is here. After Asgore got Frisk... We didn't know, that we needed a vessel."

I sighed and leaned my head on the door.

"Knock knock " He said from the other side of the door while knocking twice on it. I gave in and decided to go with it.
" Who's there? "
" Avenue "

I stopped for a second to think.
" Avenue who? "

He chuckled and finished the joke:
"Avenue knocked on this door before? "

I had began laughing and forgot about my worries.
" Wow! *giggles * I haven't heard that one before!"

He chuckled again.

"Always in store for more! "

I giggled once more before leaning my head on the door and sighing.

" What's the matter? "
He asked concerned.

" Can you make a promise? "

I could tell that he didn't like what I said. He sighed and agreed non of the less.

" Sure"

"If a human child comes out of here... Will you protect them? "

He sighed again.
" Heh, sure, I'll protect them."

I smiled and let my head rest on the heavy door that separated us. After that, the stranger and I talked about little simple things, and said some knock-knock jokes. I felt relieved now that I knew that even if the girl gets past me...
She will be safe.

Hearing Toriel's laughter fills you with...
Memories