Chapter 16. Old Man Meets The Twins

|Glaiza|

"Wow! We're riding another plane?!" Caedy exclaimed. Her little brown eyes widen in obvious excitement and delight as I told her that after our plane touch down, we're transferring to another to get to the ranch.

Magkakaharap kaming apat sa loob ng private jet na maghahatid sa'min pabalik ng Pilipinas. Though Rhian's mom was also with us, the old woman was still asleep in the other side of the plane.

May ilang oras pa bago namin marating ang destinasyon namin at gising na din ang kambal kaya nagkwentuhan na lang kami.

Caedy asked alot of things about the ranch and his grandfather while Caiden remain silent. He's always like that when I'm around, cold and distant. Mas lalo pa nga yata itong naging tahimik simula ng malaman nitong nakakulong si Jayson. Yes, he didn't say a word but I can feel he's blaming me for what happened to his Daddy Jays.

Rhian and I both agreed not to tell him the real reason why Jayson was now behind bars. He's too young to understand anyway. And I know I should focus on other things rather than minding Jayson and he's attachment to my son.

So, in those three weeks that I get to spend with him in Cornwall I tried my best to be more closer to him. But getting his attention was the hardest. Caiden was unlike any other kids for he's not easily persuaded. He's not resisting but he's not grasping either. Caiden was definitely the opposite of Caedy when it comes to so many things. While the latter was sweet and speaks her mind, the former was aloof and silent.

Alam kong hindi ko makukuha si Caiden sa mga materyal na bagay though I really wanted to give him the world. He's my son and if only I can erase Jayson in his memory and exchange it with mine, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Hinihiling ko na lang na sana pagdating namin sa Pilipinas ay unti-unti nang magbago ang pakikitungo nya sa'kin at maging bukas na sya sa ideyang kami talaga ang pamilya.

Maybe sooner ... I hope ...

"Yes honey, we're riding another plane. A chopper." I respond to my daughter.

"Chopper?" Caedy frown.

"It's also a plane, sweetie. Just a smaller version." Rhian explained.

"And Mimi also owned it?" Caedy asked curiously.

"Ask your Mimi." Rhian smiled and glance at me.

Caedy turned her head on me. "Mimi ...?"

I smiled and nod.

"Really?! Wow!" Again, she exclaimed in amazement. Pagkatapos ay mabilis itong bumaling sa kapatid na katabi nito at tahimik lang na nakikinig sa usapan.

"Did you heard it Caiden, I told you Mimi's super rich! She own a plane and a chopper and even a ranch!" Hindi masukat ang kasiyahan na nasa mukha nito.

Para namang hindi interesado si Caiden na bahagya nang nagkibit balikat pagkatapos ay ibinaling na ang ulo sa bintanang salamin ng eroplano.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Rhian sa naging reaksyon ni Caiden. Nagpapaunawa ang tinging ibinigay nya sa'kin habang bahagya naman akong tumango para iparating na naiintindihan ko.

"Caiden, honey, are you alright?" Rhian gently asked Caiden.

He just silently nod, didn't even bother to glance at his mother.

Again, Rhian gave me a glance and silently mouthed an apology.

Muli ay tumango lang ako bilang tugon.

Alam kong naninimbang din sya sa mga nangyayari. Eventhough she also wanted for Caiden to fully accept me and she did tried her best to make things easier for me, I'm very much aware that she can't force things on our son. That's not how it goes and I fully understand that.