Chapter 15. The Next Big Step

|Rhian|

Glaiza and Caedy both agreed to do the dishes after we had breakfast. I let them though I've never seen Glaiza washed dishes before. Why, she's freakin' Glaiza De Castro, "the high and mighty" and washing dirty dishes doesn't suit her.

In fact, I've never seen her cook too, not until the other day when I caught her with our daughter in the kitchen preparing a surprise breakfast for me.

It's so unlike her to be this domesticated and I admit it warms my heart everytime she tried to help me doing all the house chores. It's a nice feeling knowing that I have someone like her who wanted to share even the littlest and the simplest things with me. She's indeed doing her job well and I know I couldn't asked for any better half other than her.

I left them for awhile when Mom asked me if she can have a minute with me. We talked about her wanting to go back to the Philippines. Mas panatag na daw itong iwan ako dahil alam nitong may makakasama na ko sa pag-aalaga sa kambal. I teased her that even before I already have someone with me since Jayson was always around but Mom just flared her nose and told me that more than anyone she only trusts Glaiza. I chuckled, dahil parang sinabi na din nito na wala itong tiwala kay Jayson. Sabagay, kahit noon pa naman ay hindi nito itinatago ang disgusto sa tuwing dumadalaw si Jayson.

And when Glaiza showed up, isa ito sa mga natuwa. I know she talked to Glaiza after the latter brought us home from the hospital, kung anuman ang napag-usapan ng mga ito ay walang nagtangkang magbanggit sa'kin. I didn't tried to asked either but Mom seems relieved after that talk.

Hindi ko na pinigilan si Mommy sa plano nitong pagbalik sa Pilipinas. I know how much she missed home and Dad needs her too. She had done enough for me and the kids and it's not fair to still hold her here.

Natapos ang pag-uusap namin ni Mom at muli akong bumalik sa kusina para tingnan kung ano nang ginagawa ng mag-ina ko.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Maluwang ang ngiting tanong ko ng madatnan ko silang nagwiwisikan ng tubig sa mukha habang nagtatawanan.

They're face was both soaking wet when they turned to me.

Sa halip na sumagot ay nagpalitan ng makahulugang tingin ang mga ito pagkatapos ay naglagay ng tubig sa mga palad at mabilis akong sinugod.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at nagtangkang umiwas pero pinagtulungan ako ng mga ito.

I was laughing as I tried to resist them.

"Guys, stop it!" I shrieked as I felt the water hit my face.

"Sweetheart, go get more water!" Natatawang utos ni Glaiza kay Caedy habang yakap ako ng mahigpit mula sa likuran para hindi ako makawala. Agad namang sumunod si Caedy at bumalik sa sink.

Basa na din ako dahil hindi lang wisik ang ginawa nila sa'kin. Literal nila akong sinabuyan ng tubig.

"Hubby, no! Caedy, stop!" I'm also laughing as I tried to wriggle free.

"What did you just call me, huh?" She nuzzled my ear and I shiver. Then gently bit my shoulder blade that I felt a sudden tickling sensation.

"Glai, stop it!" I said in between laughs.

"No, not until you call me hubby again." Muli nitong inulit ang ginawa kasabay ng mahinang pagpisil sa tagiliran ko, muli naman akong napapitlag.

Alam nya ang bahagi ng katawan ko kung saan malakas ang kiliti ko and she used it to her advantage.

"You wish." I chuckled then tried to free myself again from her arms that wrapped around me.

"Ah, ganun ..." Muli sana itong mangingiliti nang tumambad sa harap namin si Caedy.