Chapter 1. Separate Lives

De Castro Corp
Makati, Philippines

|Glaiza|

"Hello there Miss eligible bachelorette."

From the screen of my laptop, my eyes went upward and landed to the woman walking gracefully towards me. She's wearing her usual teasing smile and I can tell why, on her hand is a copy of that European Magazine where I was hailed one of the Most Accomplished Eligible Bachelorette in the world. Accomplished is acceptable but eligible bachelorette? They gotta be kidding me! Whoever their sources is, not very reliable. But I like the guts of the editor-in-chief whoever he or she is for still including my name on their list eventhough I already refused being interviewed. Such confidence, I can actually sue them for invading my privacy but I don't wanna waste my time doing that. I have lots of important things to do rather than engaging myself in some nonsense article.

"Eligible bachelorette, my ass!" I said rolling my eyes upward.

"Oh, my! Did I heard it right? Did you just cursed? Glaiza De Castro, you're so going to hell." Nanunuksong sabi nito kasabay ng paglalapag sa magazine na hawak sa ibabaw ng lamesa ko, pagkatapos ay naupo sa bakanteng upuan sa harap ko.

"I've been there for the past six years. So what makes any difference?" I said with a hint of sarcasm.

"For a starter, cussing doesn't suit you. Second, you're living in hell because you chose to live that way and lastly ... helloooo, there's still a life after every heartbreak. It's not the end of the world. Besides you're too young and too beautiful to just confine yourself here in the four walls of your office. Get a life!"

"Gabby, I have a life." I chuckled.

"Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes ceilingward. "Sige nga, tell me, when was the last time you went out to socialize?" She asked, challenging me.

"Two days ago. I went on a bar." Mabilis na sagot ko.

"And may I asked with whom?" Her perfect brows arched.

"With a girl."

"Oh, I bet she's a client."

"Yeah, but --"

"See?"

"Hey, that's also considered socializing."

Gabby shook her head. " Nope, not acceptable."

"I --"

"Not even close. And please we both know what I'm talking about. You're too intelligent to play dumb Glaiza."

"And remind me again, since when did you drop the ate?" I gently teased her and she just wrinkled her nose.

She's the cutest when she did that.

Gabby knows me well and she can be very persistent most of the time. Magaling ito sa pakikipagdebate at hindi iilang beses na natalo ako sa mga pagkakataong nagdidiskusyon kami. Why, the woman is a brilliant law student. She's now on her third year in her law proper. Sa Ateneo ito kasalukuyang nag-aaral at sagot ng DCC ang lahat ng gastos. Gabby turned out to be a beautiful woman at twenty three. She could passed as a model at alam kong may mga nag-alok ditong mag-artista pero tuwina ay tinatanggihan nito. Dahil ayon dito ay mas importante ang edukasyon. Subsob ito sa pag-aaral o kung hindi man ay mas gusto pang tumambay sa opisina kasama ako. Which I find odd because most of her age either wanted to party or went out with friends. But Gabby's different and I can't complain for she's always a breath of fresh air every she's around me.

I sighed.

"Ok, I rest my case Atty. Gabby Garcia. You win this time. You happy now?"

"Delighted." She said smiling sweetly.