Entberries

Radagast inspired mention by Lord Magnus Hawethorne! Enjoy!
~~~

Chapter 19

Entberries

Things a settled back into place after the Harvest Festival. Honoured guests had returned home and decorations were taken down and stored away. Oh, and did I mention? I had a detention to look forward too.

~~~

I flipped through my textbook in Legolas's class. Today, we were researching a certain species of Cave Trolls.

"Yes blunt nose, very good Híram!" Legolas replied as an elf girl listed off qualities found in Cave Trolls.

Before much longer the horns tolled and I briskly made my way to the door. Legolas caught my eye and we exchanged a quick kiss before I headed off to Geography.

Things had been going great between us, Legolas even said his father adored me! So no more worries there. Perhaps I'd to talk to him about Agarwaen but there hadn't been any other incidents so I wasn't too concerned about it.

I mean, I know she doesn't have the right to try and steal Legolas away from me; but I don't want to make things worse. She could be some a dark servant creature or something, I dunno! It's just that Legolas always trying to be extra affectionate to me when she was around didn't seem like the best idea.

I frowned upon entering Radagast's room.

What was that pungent smell? I covered my nose a sat down in my seat.

"Okay! Good morning class! Ah, hm hmm, I've decided that today we will study the geographical location of, ah! They're ready!"

Radagast bumbled about his room, picking up nonsensical bottles here and there.

"Mirkwood mushrooms! All nice and toasted in the oven, they're quite delicious, really you must try them!"

I raised my eyebrow suspiciously at the burnt-to-the-crisp smells-like-fungus "delicacies" Radagast was going on about.

"And really, I haven't the faintest idea why they won't let me eat them all the time! The fungus has astounding healing properties, never mind what it does for my nerves..." Radagast rambled on, sticking a toasted mushroom in his mouth while he spoke.

He set the tray down on his desk and began frantically searching his robes. "Sebastian? Now where did that hedgehog get off too!"

Azelótë leaned across her desk to whisper in my ear, "His excessive consumption of mushrooms must addle his brain." I snorted, "And yellow his teeth!"

For the remainder of that class we helped search for Sebastian, and a few of us tried to air out the room.

Finally, we found that little hedgehog rooting around the garbage bin just in time for the class change.

~~~

"I don't care! I am taking a shower and finding a mug of coffee!" I called joyously to Azelótë who was going to a study room.

In Equine studies with Eowyn we had been working on battle technique on horseback. I'm telling you, it's harder than it looks! I grumbled, looking down at my now battle worn tunic. We had been practicing swordsmanship in Aragorn's class as well. I needed to stop by the dorm and pick up a change of clothes as well. I'm sure I absolutely reeked.

I rounded the corner into Greenwood Hall. As I approached my dorm, I heard a strange clattering noise coming from inside.

I barely peeked across the threshold, my strong elf eyes could see perfectly in the dimly lit room.