Just a Typical Day

Chapter 4

Just a Typical Day

So it was true! My teachers they were all characters! I hoped this wasn't a joke, I didn't want to make a fool of myself.

"You are dismissed!" Gandalf called.

I just stood there staring at my schedule.

Estelriel nudged me excitedly; "I knew it! Hey look we have first rotation together! Come on, we have to get to class!"

Many of the students had already stampeded out of the hall. As it turned out, the three of us all had similar class schedules.
We rushed around finding our first class together, and made it just as the horn finished calling.

"Ladies!" We all stopped and turned to face the voice addressing us. My first teacher of the day was casually strolling down the hallway towards us; Mr. Legolas Greenleaf.

I felt my pulse pick up a couple beats and the tips of my elf ears turn red.

"I understand today is your first day, but please next time, don't cut it so close. If you are on time; you're late." He seemed to be waiting for an answer so I responded...still in awe of the specimen in front of me.

"We're sorry, it won't happen again."

He looked us over and nodded and lead us into his foresty classroom,"Very well. Class please stand! Assigned seats coming up!" 

Groans rumbled throughout the ranks. Figured, because already drooling fanatic girls were sitting at the front of the class towards Leggy, they were not happy with the attention we'd just received. If looks could kill...

"Alright! You three ladies, up front!" He pointed at us towards the first row of seats and continued calling up student to file in the rows. Well this would be interesting. He started handing out the school handbooks he paused at my desk.

"And you are?" He said looking through charts.

"Vanáeze." I said evading his gaze. 

He furrowed his brow, "Beautiful sea...light?" He asked, seemingly pondering the meaning of my name.

I thought I may have heard I few chuckles from girls in the back of the class.

Okay now I was really turning bright red, "Yessir" I mumbled. I wanted to die, so much for making a confident first impression.

I could feel his cool blue gaze on me; I just stared at my desk, trying not to think about the fact that LEGOLAS was standing directly in front of me. He smoothly sauntered to the front of the class.

"Students! Welcome to my class. Here we learn all about every creature in Middle Earth, how to care for them, handle them, what they do, which ones are friendly and so on. This class is a hands on lecture based class and sometimes takes place outside. Today you will get your first research assignment. You will draw a slip of parchment from this bowl with a creature's name on it. Learn to love this creature, you'll be spending a lot of time on this subject. Let's begin." He nodded formally.

He walked down the aisles letting students pick a piece of paper, some groaned at what they picked, others just took the opportunity to gawk at Legolas some more.

"Remember there are multiple versions of each species, do not be tempted to cheat. The consequences will not be light."

I started to wonder if half the girls were even paying attention to what he was saying because one randomly called out,"I love you Leggy!" Had she no dignity?