LISTEN [2/4]

"You're funny." Jaejoong smiled, no longer laughing.

"I'm not making jokes, Jaejoong-shii, nor am I lying. I can hear things, but right now my head's so clear, I can hear myself think for the first time. And it's all thanks to you, Jaejoong-shii."

Jaejoong blinked and continued to stare with a growing frown. Even if Yunho couldn't hear him, it's obvious what he's thinking of.

"I'm not crazy, Jaejoong-shii. Not yet."

"Oh god." Jaejoong slowly moaned. "Why me? Can't you go bother someone else?" He lamented dramatically, eyes closed. To think that he was happy earlier when the customer asked for Miss Lee's permission to talk to him because that meant he can rest for a while! "Why me?"

"I'm sorry." Yunho tilted his head. He's yet to meet someone so open and freely expresses himself like the man in front of him. It's slightly amusing to be honest. "But I like this. Even when you're not making any sound, as long as I focused on you, I can't really hear them. It feels good."

"O...kay." Jaejoong eyed him with obvious suspicion. Maybe the man in front of him is dangerous after all... Delusional perhaps? Crazy? Or there's something he want from him?

Yunho slightly chuckled at the emotion playing on the waiter's face. "I don't want anything from you, Jaejoong-shii. Trust me. Just- I want you near me. You don't even have to do anything. I'm willing to pay you any amount if you agree to work for me."

"Even if I asked for millions?"

Jaejoong was obviously trying to make a joke but Yunho wasn't in the mood. He never joked or bothered to entertain one. What fun would be in jokes when he could already hear people formulating and reasoning for the joke even before it was said out loud?

"Deal. One million monthly."

Jaejoong's eyes widened comically as he thumped the table in shock. "WHAT?!" Realizing the other customers' surprise and discomfort at his action, he quickly apologized and sat down again.

"Weekly?" Yunho tried again. It's obvious the other's shocked he's willing to pay him that much but Yunho wanted to have a certain agreement. He doesn't care for money, he have lots of them and he can make more easily. Thanks to his 'ability' slash curse, of course. "You need to quit the cafe today and we'll go to your house to pick up your stuff. You would have to stay with me starting from today and we'll discuss other arrangements later. If you're staying with your family, I can help explain to them and ask for their permission. We'll just say you're going to work as my Personal Assistant, alright?" Yunho smiled. "Oh right, my name is Yunho. Jung Yunho."

No wonder he looked freaking familiar! Jaejoong still couldn't close his mouth because god damn, he hit the jackpot!