The Answer...

She looked at the test, fear boiling in her chest. Her breathing getting faster and more difficult. She was hyperventilating.
'I'm not ready for this! What if I hurt it? What if I have a miscarriage? Would John forgive me? I don't want to feel the pain!' She started to become lightheaded and dizzy. Her chest became heavy and then she caught her breath. She got up from the ground and decided to take the test.

When she got out of the bathroom, she saw John on the bed sound asleep. She grabbed some soft brown blankets and covered him so he could stay warm. After that, she got her a book to read until the test was done, but she could not focus on the story. She was too scared to tell him what was on her mind. She did not want him to get angry at her. She loved him with all her heart and the last thing she wanted was for him to be mad at her.
Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft beep from the bathroom. The test...

She got up from the bed hesitantly and walked to the bathroom. Picking up the test carefully, she looked at it in shock.

Positive.....

She felt a sudden wave of excitement hit her as a smile spreads across her glowing face. 'I'm pregnant!' She thought happily.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered to herself.

She looked over to a waking John and ran into the bedroom, jumping on him. She squealed at him in excitement.

"I'm pregnant!" She screamed.

She saw his face light up with pure
happiness, giving his warm eyes that beautiful sparkle he always had.

"Really!" He asked stunned.

"Yes!" She grinned.

"You probably shouldn't jump around though, okay?" He warned.

She suddenly realized what she did and her smile disappeared in an instant.

"Are you okay?" He asked worryingly.

"I'm already messing it up." She said sadly.

She cried, tears streaming down her pale face. Her eyes turning a deep blue.

"No your not, you'll be the best mother in the world! Nothing will ever change that!" He said reassuringly.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Promise." He confirmed.

He pulled her into a warm and comforting hug that relaxed her completely. She nestled her face in the nape of his neck while sitting on his lap. He rested his hand on her stomach, where the baby would be.

"I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you to beautiful." He cooed softly.

The sun suddenly shined brightly through the window and landed on their figures. They could hear the birds quietly singing in the deep forest. John looked at her now sleeping figure and started humming 'Ordinary World' by GreenDay; carrying her bridal style to the bed. It was one of her favorite slow songs.
'I'm gonna be a father.' He thought to himself looking at her soft state of slumber. He smiled, listening to her steady breathing. She slept when she was either stressed or had a headache. 'She didn't seem like she had a headache, so she might be stressed... but why?' He wondered.
'Maybe I should ask her when she wakes up.' He thought.