{50} Stitches and Band-Aids

Jack's POV
~
The stitches on my forehead didn't hurt too bad. The nurse didn't even have to knock me out to do them.

As for my hands, he simply wrapped them in bandages to stop the bleeding.

"After a few hours, you can remove the wraps. But remember to let your hands heal before you do anything too active," he says. The male nurse suddenly glances up at the door, and then quickly leaves the room without another word.

I curiously look over and see Mark leaning against the doorway. I immediately notice a few of his fingers on one of his hands have braces on them.

"I see you'll be a hand full," I joke. Mark chuckles softly at my pun.

"Are your palms going to be okay? They looked pretty bad," Mark questions with a distinct note of concern in in voice.

"I'll be fine," I reply. I open my mouth to say something else, but I catch a glimpse of someone behind Mark.

I wave them both into the room. The woman that had been standing in the hallway behind Mark followed him in. Now that she was in the light, I nearly immediately recognized that she was the nurse from the lobby.

"How's she doing? Is there any progress?" I ask.

She nods her head. Mark turns around to face her. "Is it good or bad?"

She sighs and looks up at both of us. "We can't really tell. If all goes well, she will be out of surgery in about just under an hour."

"If not...?" I gulp.

"If not, it could get worse. But only time will tell. We have a room booked for her now so if you'll follow me, you can wait in there for her."

Mark gives her a polite smile. She turns around and leads us down a series of hallways, through mazes of people, and finally to a quiet, dimly lit room. There was a clean bed and two chairs colored in a tame shade of green.

"If you need anything, there is a break room four doors down. I'll come back and speak with you again when I know more about your friend's situation," the nurse states.

"Her name is (Y/n)," I say.

"Alright, I will speak to you when I know more on (Y/n)'s situation."

"Thanks," Mark says. The nurse nods before leaving, shutting the door behind her.

Since Mark is bigger than me, I let him sit in the larger chair. But before I can rest my ass on the second seat, Mark scoops me up, and sits me on his lap when he leans back in his chair.

I wrap my arms around his neck and bring my head to his chest. I feel his strong arms around me as I slowly drift asleep.

~
Boom! Early update for you all! (In celebration of hitting -14k views.) Thank you all again for the endless support. Bye for now! <3