{49} A Gash

Mark's POV
~
We head towards the bathrooms, hand-and-hand. I'm practically leaning all my weight on Jack, but he is surprisingly strong for his size.

When we reach the set of two doors, we enter the one that has "MEN" written on it. Immediately to our right is three sinks lined on a counter, in front of a large mirror that hangs on the wall. Our reflections stare back at us, but they are hardly recognizable underneath all the blood.

Neither Jack nor I had a change of clothes, so the only thing we could do was wash the blood off our faces and hands. I attempted to clean the blood out of my hair as well, but didn't get very far. I look from my reflection to Jack, back to my reflection again. At least we look slightly more presentable now.

Stealing one more look at Jack, I notice he is taking a bit too long to clean his face. I walk the short distance between us over to Jack, and take both his wrists. He avoids eye contact as I examine his complexion.

A small, still bleeding gash is right above his eyebrow. Not to mention one of his cheeks is covered in a large purplish bruise. I gasp and subconsciously grip Jack's hands tighter. He winces. I look down at them. They are covered in small jagged cuts, crusted with nearly dried blood.

My eyes finally meet Jack's. "What is this? What happened?" I ask slowly.

"When Aiden fired his gun at me, I dove out of the way. I landed face first onto the concrete floor, and, as ye can tell; I scraped up my hands pretty bad too."

I pull him in for a quick hug. "I'm going to go get someone to check you up and make sure you're all right."

Jack nods; "You might want them to check your fist too; ye hit Aiden pretty hard." He gives me a half smile. I return it and walk out of the restroom.

Now to find a nurse.

~
Please don't kill me, I'm sorry there have been fewer updates. I'll try my best to get at least one or two chapters up every weekend. Thanks for reading and commenting. Bye for now! <3