{46} Bloody Messes

Jack's POV
~
I see the hospital in the distance.

"We're almost there!" I yell back at Mark.

Within a couple of minutes, I pull us up to the emergency entrance. I jump out of the car, helping Mark get himself and (Y/n) out of the vehicle as well.

A man in a hospital uniform moves quickly towards us. "You're not allowed to be at this entrance." He stares directly at me.

"Please sir," Mark pleads. The man's gaze then travels to Mark. As he lowers his eyes to see what Mark is carrying, they seem to bulge out. He comes to a halt, and yells something over his shoulder. Soon, they have (Y/n) on a stretcher, and a few nurses wheel her off to what I can only presume is and operating room.

A woman with a clipboard escorts us inside, overlooking the fact that both Mark and I are covered in blood.

"You'll both have to wait here until further notice. In the meantime, we require you fill out these forms." The lady hands me the pen and clipboard she was holding. Attached to it are papers with questions such as: How are you related to the patient? What is the patient's health insurance plan? What was the cause of injury?

My mind is spinning from the events that just happened, but somehow I fill out the forms. When I'm done, I place the clipboard on the chair next to me an look at Mark. He is leaning forward, his face buried in his hands.

I move closer and wrap my arms around him. He looks up at me, warm tears leaving streaks down the blood matted on his cheeks.

Mark's voice is quiet and unstable. "We just got her back... now we are waiting here again. I'm so scared Jack."

"Oh, Mark-"

His words quicken and jumble together. "When you ran into the house, I broke down. I tried going after you, but the police stopped me. And when I herd the gunshot, I thought he had hurt you. I was so scared, I came running and-and-" His voice cracks as he begins to cry once again.

Just seeing him with teary eyes, makes mine water again too. I lift his chin, bringing his face to mine. "No matter what the outcome of this is, you'll always, always have me. And I know I'll always be able to hold your hand, to feel my love for ye in my heart. Nothing will ever change that." I slowly lean forward. Regardless of how dirty, bloody, or messy we both are; I place my lips on his. Our embrace lingers, my mind traveling back to the very first time we kissed.

As we separate, Mark lays his head on my shoulder. I rest mine against his and close my eyes.

Please let everything be alright.

At that very instant, my phone rings.

~
Hope you're all enjoying so far. Bye for now! <3