The boys came and instead of eating their lunch they started feasting on mine. In these five years, my mother knows about my friends, James Rishi and Sam and so she makes extra.

My friends have interacted with my mother; they are like family.

'Dudes, what are you guys doing tonight?' James says as he munches on the chicken my mother had prepared this morning.

'I am going to spend some time with Jennie' Sam says, Jennie is Sam's girlfriend, they have been dating for three years now.

I, James and Rishi passed a naughty grin. We three knew very well what "spend some time" meant.

Sam notices us grin and blushes looking away. We teased him for few minutes and he was red as tomato by the time we decided to stop.

'James, Juwaid. Since we are doing nothing, let's go to a pub.' Rishi suggests. James nods his head instantly while I looked apprehensive.

'What happened, dude?' James asks me looking at me.

'I don't think I will come, guys' I say shaking my head. James and Rishi look disappointed.

'Dude...you always do this' Rishi says irritated.

I look at them helplessly. Here I didn't want to leave my mother alone and go enjoy myself in a pub. And a guy like me doesn't fit in a pub anyway, neither do I drink nor I dance or I socialize with unknown women. So, what will I do going there, at times during weekend I make excuse and go only to sit in the corner. I don't mingle with the ladies like my friends do. But being a man I can't stop myself from staring at beautiful women. So, at times I do keep glancing at the women there, and some of them are hot.

The guys start to force me and so I had to agree but then I wonder what excuse will I give my mother.

*

I ring the doorbell, it's six in the evening and I am tried. I hear my mother's footsteps and I quickly fix my attire, I don't want my mother to see me disheveled and tried lest she gets worried. I am fixing my tie as she opens the door. She smiles seeing me, I smile back. My mother looks weak and older than what she actually is. Almost all of her hair has greyed and her face have slightly wrinkled. With all the tension, she has lost a lot of weight as well. It pains me to see her like this but there is nothing I can do. My mother runs her tailoring business. She had started this business from scratch 12years ago. She single handedly managed my school and college fees. I had decided then that I will stand on my feet and make her proud. I will become so successful that she won't need to work at all. She is my queen and she deserves to be loved.

'I have made pakoras for you, beta. You freshen up' she says warmly. I held her shoulder and kiss her forehead

'Mamma, you needn't have done so much.' I say looking at her lovingly. She smiles and cups my face

'Why not? Anything for my Raja beta' she says and pinches my cheek. I smile sadly. Again, I can't do anything except feel sad, why am I such a fatto?

'Mamma...' I say as I make coffee for my mother

'Yes' my mother says, she is sitting in the living room watching her favorite daily soap. I feel nervous thinking about asking her permission to go for the pub. Obviously, I won't be telling her the truth.

I sit beside my mother and hand her a coffee mug. She takes it, her eyes still glued to the television screen. This is her favorite show and she doesn't even breath till it's over. I hate the show but still I sit through to it as my mother likes watching it me. She likes to share her opinion while watching. Many times, I have been caught sleeping during the show, she smacks me to wake me and then I must pamper her to stop getting angry.