Chapter 8

Moon Heart sat silently the entire day. She listened in on one of the leaders conversation. Involving their soon due kits, of course. The conversation made Moon Heart want to claw out the eyes of Nettle and Eagle.

She watched Poppy and Storm talk with each other. She felt.... Jealous. Why? Storm would never be happy with Moon Heart, so why did she feel, so uneasy.

She wrapped her tail around herself. She saw Thrush and Lynx talking in camp.

  Then she saw Boar. All he was able to do was lay down and lift up his head. Moon Heart knew he was in so much pain and she knew it was her fault.

  Moon Heart sighed and laid down. She shut her eyes and tried to go to sleep. That's the only thing that didn't bore her.

"Moon Heart!" Stripe called. Moon Heart opened her eyes and sat up. "Umm... Yea... Uh.... Yes?" Moon Heart asked. 'If he hurts you don't scream. Don't give him satisfaction' she told herself.

"Since you're here, we've decided that you would be an essential asset to our clan" Stripe said

'We? Ha! You mean you, Nettle and Eagle. I bet no one else here has considered that' Moon Heart thought, wishing she were brave enough to say those words out loud.

"So, we ask you, would you like to be part of the rouge group?" Stripe asked.

Moon Heart thought long and hard on this question. Did she want to?

The pros were, she would be protected and respected and... Well.... She could be with Storm. The cons were, she'd have to give up her own clan, all her friend and.... Starclan. Could she give up all the dreams from Stone Teller?

Moon Heart knew if she said no, Stripe would kill her. She decided that she would say yes. In her mind she knew it would be temporary and when she was guarding, she would escape. Run as fast as she could to Moonclan.

Moon Heart took a deep breath "... Yes" she said. She looked over to Poppy. Her eyes widened. Moon Heart remembered telling the ginger she cat that she didn't want to stay. She could understand the perplexed look on her face.

She looked to Storm. He looked... Happy? Honestly, Moon Heart couldn't tell. Usually she could always read those eyes.

Then she saw the future in front of her. She would have to leave Storm to go back to Moonclan. She knew he couldn't come with her, not with Stripe being his brother.

In the end, Moon Heart would have to choose from Storm or Moon Clan.... but that was not now.

(A/N)
  Hiiiiii Moonies! I published a new book today! Go check it out, it's "The Silver Blood". I really appreciate it. Sorry for the shorter chapter. It's getting intense now!

QOTC: Do you think Moon Heart will stay in the rouge group?

Have a fab day full of kitties
   - Moon