Chapter 1

The cats that had endured the fire of Crystal mounting climbed to the peak. The cats prayed that the camp wouldn't be to destroyed. Not only did the tribe lose Stone Teller, they lost a medic named Blue River.

Moon Heart was devastated. The camp was a wreck and everything was destroyed. The caves were in destroyed and the wooden shelters were burned to the ground. Tears fell off Moon Hearts cheek.

Pearl Wind nursed two newborn kits. A tom and a she-kit. Moon Heart felt an ache in her heart when she saw what her and Stone Teller could've been.

Tiny Runner, a small hunter, approached Moon Heart. "Who will b-be Stone T-Tellers successor?". This thought never occurred to Moon Heart. "I don't know. We'll figure it out" she replied

The cats huddled together. Though there was a fire just two nights ago, the air was cold and the ground seemed to be covered in ice.

Moon Heart looked at all the cats and broke the silence. "We can't stay here," she said to the others "It's too dangerous". This brought cats into frenzy. The muttered about how tired they were, how much their feet ache, and how much the missed the fallen cats.

  Moon Heart remembered her dream and thought long and hard about what it meant. 'What can it mean?' She thought. She was frustrated, but she figured it out.

  That night she had visited Stone Teller in Starclan not the Tribe of Endless Hunting. This means that they were changing their religion. What did the first part mean "One will become three...". It all came together.

  "We will split up" Moon Heart announced. "What? No!" The cats exclaimed. "No, not individually. In 3 clans. Those are like tribes, but different. We'll make up the rules when we're ready. First, we must establish who's in what clan. We'll elect our leaders" Moon Heart added. This seemed to be the perfect idea

  "Moon Heart! Moon Heart! Be our leader!" Cats said, excitingly. Moon Heart blushed "But... Really?" She asked. "You'd be a perfect leader" said a hunter named Wind Whisper.

Moon Heart sighed, not so sure, but agreed. "Alright. We must have two more leaders" Moon Heart said. She looked down at Mud Spark. His eyes were sparkling when he looked at Moon Heart.

  "Uhhhh.... Golden Pike?" Moon Heart asked. Golden Pike was a strong fighter and had great leadership skills. He'd work great for a leader.

"Me?" Golden Pike seemed surprised "Well, sure!" He said. The others seemed to agree that he would make s good leader. "Well, we need one-" Moon Heart was interrupted, (that seemed to happen a lot), by Mud Spark "I'll be a leader!" He said.

All the cats head turned toward him. Moon Heart doubted that he would be strong enough to lead a clan. "Umm.. If the others agree" Moon Heart said. The cats did agree, but probably because the rest of them didn't want the responsibility.

The cats headed down the mountain at dawn and they reached something more beautiful than anything they had ever seen before.